Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

And Already ACA Sucks - Day 7 Update

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:09 AM
  • 218 Replies
5 moms liked this

Because I can't even make an account.  I wanted to see what the exchanges were offering, but you have to make an account first.  The security questions menu won't drop down, so I can't put in the security answers, and the Live Chat thing doesn't appear to have someone working.

So for now I can't tell how screwed I actually am lol.

Day 2 Update:  Still can't make an account.  After waiting well over an hour for the site to allow me to try to create the account, the drop down menu for the security questions now operates, but after you pick them and answer the questions, you get another screen that your account can't be created at this time because of "invalid format for answers to security questions".

Will update daily until we have reached the promised land of creating an account!

Day 3 Update:  5:55 a.m. and I decide to see if it's easier on an "off" time to get into the website.  I have the "please wait" page so I don't lose my place in line.  Sigh....

Day 4 Update:  This morning the website says it is down because it is conducting scheduled maintenance.  Will check back later...

Day 5 Update:  Same message this morning as I got yesterday morning.  Conducting scheduled maintenance.

Day 7 Update:  I had made an account the other day, but couldn't get in to the website with the account information.  This morning I again tried and it doesn't recognize my information, so I clicked on "forgot password" and it sent an email to the address connected to the user name, so I know there's something in there, but when I click on that link it tells me there is no account information linked to that name.  I have to call them this morning sigh.....

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:16 AM
So the website is having technical issues

I went on and looked and I may switch from my employer insurance to the market based insurance

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by Roma on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

So the website is having technical issues

I went on and looked and I may switch from my employer insurance to the market based insurance

I'm really mad about this entire thing.

Can you tell?  lol

MomTiara19
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:27 AM
5 moms liked this

Any new software implenentation will have glitches at first.It also doesnt help the government is shutdown.

http://www.healthcare.gov/

1-800-318-2596

angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:29 AM
3 moms liked this

it's been stuck on this for several minutes for me

Health Insurance Marketplace: Please wait

We have a lot of visitors on our site right now and we're working to make your experience here better. Please wait here until we send you to the login page. Thanks for your patience!

romalove
by Roma on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:30 AM

Quoting angelachristine:

We have a lot of visitors on our site right now and we're working to make your experience here better. Please wait here until we send you to the login page. Thanks for your patience!

Were you able to make an account?

romalove
by Roma on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:31 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting MomTiara19:

Any new software implenentation will have glitches at first.It also doesnt help the government is shutdown.

http://www.healthcare.gov/

1-800-318-2596

I resent the hell out of having to waste my time getting involved in this crap, waiting on their software to not be "glitchy" so they can steal my money.

I'm pissed.

angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:33 AM
2 moms liked this

no  it finally moved on but now it wants me to make security questions and the drop down menu won't drop.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting angelachristine:

romalove
by Roma on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting angelachristine:

no  it finally moved on but now it wants me to make security questions and the drop down menu won't drop.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting angelachristine:

That's where I got stopped too.  

Frustrating!

romalove
by Roma on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Carpy:

http://twitchy.com/2013/10/01/surprise-obamacare-health-insurance-exchange-websites-dont-work/

Maybe they can let us know when they are ready lol.

Good grief.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)