Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Big trucker strike coming

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:20 PM
  • 68 Replies

October 10 truckers will basically strike and Drive on DC or Million Trucker Drive. Independant truckers are calling out for this. They are fed up and protesting the governments inability to act. They will not move frieght for that four day weekend. 

If enough of them stop moving the shelves will be empty. You will have problems with your mail, your shipments, and it could cause massive shortages for this period of time.

Thoughts?

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommeeTo4
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmm I will ask my ex about this. He's a trucker

He drives strictly haz mat though.
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Okay that will screw the American people not so much congress
stormcris
by Christy on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you imagine 1 million trucks in Washington DC? Can you imagine what the 495 will look like with that many trucks on it? It will make a big statement. Our government as a whole is a bit hard to screw, but their families and private world this will impact.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Okay that will screw the American people not so much congress

T-HoneyLuv
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
DH is a truck driver. He hasnt said anything about it. I will ask him what he thinks. He drives the East Coast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Oh yay... first the republicans screw us and now the truckers. WONDERFUL! Can we americans (little a for a reason) all fucking grow up already?

ZombieChicken
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:32 PM
We have everything we need so it would have little impact on us. However I think this would have a negative impact overall, but I'm not sure what it will accomplish.
squeekers
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I asked our friend's who are long distance truckers. when they stop at their next post at 6am tomorrow, I'll get an answer.

babie113
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM
My trucker dh hasent mentioned this.
He'll be going from east coast to the west coast like always
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stormcris
by Christy on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM

It is really hard to say. There is also where or not there are enough truckers who will stand on this and have the courage to do it. That is sort of why congress has us by the balls though, because people are afraid to stand for anything over what they might lose. I mean look at the people working for free because they need their jobs. Independants are being harmed by a lot of things that have come down. If it has reached that tipping point where these people cannot operate and make a living for enough of them, this could be a heck of a stance.

Quoting ZombieChicken:

We have everything we need so it would have little impact on us. However I think this would have a negative impact overall, but I'm not sure what it will accomplish.

babie113
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM
My trucker dh hasent mentioned this.
He'll be going from east coast to the west coast like always
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)