Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grandfather Writes Letter To His Daughter After She Kicks Out His Gay Grandson

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 140 Replies
15 moms liked this

Grandfather Writes Letter To His Daughter After She Kicks Out His Gay Grandson

This man may deserve to win "Grandfather Of The Year."

In this incredible letter, a grandfather passionately addresses his daughter's decision to kick her gay son out of the house after he decided to come out of the closet. Though we don't have the full details surrounding the incident, the grandfather tells his daughter that "kicking Chad out of your home simply because he told you he was gay is the real 'abomination' here. A parent disowning her child is what goes 'against nature.'"

As more young people feel comfortable enough to identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT), an increasing amount of extraordinary letters such as these from supportive family members have been appearing on social media.

In wake of his daughter's apparent disavowal of her gay son, this grandfather seems to be stepping up to the plate when it comes to his care and well-being: "He was born this way and didn't choose it more than he being left-handed. You, however, have made a choice of being hateful, narrow-minded and backward. So while we are in the business of disowning children, I think I'll take this moment to say goodbye to you. I now have a fabulous (as the gay {sic] put it) grandson to raise..."

Check out the rest of this beautiful and inspiring letter, which first appeared here, below.

You go, gramps!

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM
6 moms liked this

Wow.  Thank goodness for Grandpa.

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM
3 moms liked this

I saw this bouncing around Facebook.. Thank you for sharing and good for Grandpa!

parentalrights1
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:20 PM
3 moms liked this
That's a good grandpa. No excuse for bigotry anymore
SyllabaryBisque
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM
7 moms liked this

BEST...GRANDPA...EVER!!!!

I seriously want to cuddle him!!!

SuzCahn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I think what the mom did was wrong and the letter from her dad just as wrong. The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM
2 moms liked this

clapping

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:25 PM
3 moms liked this

Thankfully this young man has his Grandfather to realize and accept him as he is.

Mom should be ashamed of herself.

AtiFreeFalls
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:25 PM
I agree with Suz on this one. If it goes against nature to disown your child then why did he do it? It makes me very sad for that family. Even if my kids turn out to be bigoted assholes I will still love them and I will never step out of their lives.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Okay, I want to add something else.

Do we know who posted this letter for the world to see, or why?

I completely agree with Grandpa but isn't he doing exactly what he scolds his daughter for doing?

I get it, but I think the message, the truth, behind his sentiments, will be lost on his own child because he seems to be doing what she did, which is wrong, and he stated as such.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it's cute he couldn't call her a bitch and instead wrote b*word of a daughter...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured