Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Would you share your pregnancy test moment online?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:34 AM
  • 110 Replies
1 mom liked this

Just saw this piece on Good morning America about how it's becoming a trend for women to video record and share online (publically) the moment they took their at home preg test. To me, this is just one more step down the obsessive road of people over-sharing everything in their life. Come on now,  I feel like there should be at least some personal moments especially one like the breathtaking moment you found out you're preg that should be kept between you and your partner. I find it severely annoying that this has become an age where everyone feels the need to narcissisticly showcase every minute detail of their life. Do random strangers on the internet really need to be in your bathroom sharing your private times? What are you guys opinions?

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by iluv2meow on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:36 AM
44 moms liked this

dear strangers,

Please observe this PEE STICK i just PEED on to identity I had sex recently and allowed the sperm to swim up my vagina and fertilize my egg...

Here is the proof!! A stick which has my URINE on it :)

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

No

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

IandLoveandYou
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:38 AM
3 moms liked this
Yeah..it's like everyone is writing their autobiography online but the only person who really cares about is...themselves lol.

I wouldn't do that no :P
thetrollcat
by iluv2meow on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM
2 moms liked this

why not meow? Everyone wants to share a stick which one pees on.... :)

Quoting survivorinohio:

No

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Are they actually filming  themselves peeing on the actual stick? Are they posting it LIVE? Or are they posting it a few minutes later after possibly telling their SO?

WHile yes I think its silly, I guess it could be a fun way to share your excitement with family friends.

I wouldn't do it!

lilmoosesmom
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this

No, but I admit to when I took the positive test I took a picture of it to send my best friend in Tenn. Because I was excited that I was pregnant again, after having two miscarriages last year.

supercarp
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I would not, because 20% of all pregnancies are spontaneously aborted in the first trimester; so it may not be real. I would wait until I was at least 3 months before telling people.

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Nice to see you :)  Yeah, peed on sticks are not on my share list lol.

Quoting thetrollcat:

why not meow? Everyone wants to share a stick which one pees on.... :)

Quoting survivorinohio:

No

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Kfdmrw9312
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

LMAO, Exactly!! LOVE this response!!

Quoting thetrollcat:

dear strangers,

Please observe this PEE STICK i just PEED on to identity I had sex recently and allowed the sperm to swim up my vagina and fertilize my egg...

Here is the proof!! A stick which has my URINE on it :)

Kfdmrw9312
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:18 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN