Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Gov shut/ amber alert systems down :(

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:34 AM
  • 27 Replies

So I was just reloading my Face Book home page and saw a new articale about a young girl that went missing this afternoon on her way home form school.  We Happy part she was found, But the amber alert system is DOWN!

https://www.facebook.com/ABC10News

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/unavailable/

Um in my Opinion that system is very Important!

by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommabearbergh
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:37 AM
It is important just not bein funded right now from the looks of it. I think parents can still get the word out if their child is missing just not as fast
pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Would you still feel that way if it was not a happy endding?

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

It is important just not bein funded right now from the looks of it. I think parents can still get the word out if their child is missing just not as fast

pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:52 AM

BUMP!

pj2becca21

BUMP!

pj2becca21

BUMP!

Mommabearbergh
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:19 AM
I never said I felt one way or another but parents have to pound the pavement when their child is missing . A friend of mines daughter a teenager went missing for several days. There was no amber alert put out for her, no news report. He did what he had to as a parent and pounded the pavement night and day. Passing out fliers and using social media.

If there wasn't a happy ending it would have been sad yes but I think parents still have to go out searching posting missing fliers

Quoting pj2becca21:

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Expect the parent didn't do anything the cops did..... and her friends. 

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

I never said I felt one way or another but parents have to pound the pavement when their child is missing . A friend of mines daughter a teenager went missing for several days. There was no amber alert put out for her, no news report. He did what he had to as a parent and pounded the pavement night and day. Passing out fliers and using social media.

If there wasn't a happy ending it would have been sad yes but I think parents still have to go out searching posting missing fliers

Quoting pj2becca21:

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Mommabearbergh
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Why didn't she?

Quoting pj2becca21:

Expect the parent didn't do anything the cops did..... and her friends. 

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Quoting pj2becca21:

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Shows how precious tax money truly is.

sillytime
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:15 AM
Essential programs are still opened!! The amber alert is essential!!!!! WTH aghhhhh I can't read anymore bad news :-(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN