Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
If your house burned down and you could only save one thing, what would it be?

*edit to add, all living things, prescriptions, hair products, and toothbrushes are already miraculously out and safe (wink-wink)
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
katy_kay08
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I realized that most of the photos of my family (children and extended family) have duplicates at my mother's home.  The ones I would lose would be the ones on my computer (but if I plan well I can slip a memory card in my wallet) and sneak out two things in one.  

Quoting Della529:

Photos.  When my home burned, a lot of those were lost.  I treasure the ones that I still have.

lga1965
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Photos. But that is more than ONE thing! Eeeek. I just don't know! ( But,I don't want to think about it. )

mistressflora
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:18 PM

yeah its kinda a downer at the same time lol

Quoting LauraKW:

It makes you stop for a second, doesn't it?

Quoting mistressflora:

not counting living things like my kids, my dh and my cats, (yes i said cats)  probably the most expensive thing I own which would be my computer?  idk maybe i should think about this more often

thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:19 PM

All of our pictures so technically I'd have to take my computeer too cause that's where the majority of them are

zadesmom1998
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Everything in my home is replaceable. If the things you listed were safe I would be fine with watching it burn. I have insurance so no worries. And my mom has copies of all my pics.
lga1965
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Quoting katy_kay08:

I'm changing my answer to my wallet.  I know not very sentimental but losing all identification and access to money could be problematic.  

Good answer.

I said photos but I'm going to say my purse because it has a wallet and a bunch of other important things.

Della529
by Matlock on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:32 PM
That's a great thing. I wish I'd have had backup's either digital or with another family member. But you probably should maintain a thumb drive as you go because my power went out almost immediately due to the location of the fire.
Quoting katy_kay08:

I realized that most of the photos of my family (children and extended family) have duplicates at my mother's home.  The ones I would lose would be the ones on my computer (but if I plan well I can slip a memory card in my wallet) and sneak out two things in one.  

Quoting Della529:

Photos.  When my home burned, a lot of those were lost.  I treasure the ones that I still have.

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:35 PM

An apartment of mine did when I was 28. when the firemen knocked on my door, I grabbed my dog and got out. Nothing else mattered. 

cupomeow
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Pictures. I use my grandmas idea from years ago. My family pictures are in suitcases so if God forbid we have a fire, they are 'grab and go'.
Della529
by Matlock on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM
I ran out with my purse. It was pretty much the only thing I could find, :-(
Quoting katy_kay08:

I'm changing my answer to my wallet.  I know not very sentimental but losing all identification and access to money could be problematic.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN