Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
If your house burned down and you could only save one thing, what would it be?

*edit to add, all living things, prescriptions, hair products, and toothbrushes are already miraculously out and safe (wink-wink)
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Replies (31-40):
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:49 PM
My hard drive. It has every photo taken of my children since they have been born. It also has our wedding pics on it. There is nothing else in my home that I could not replace.
There are keepsake boxes for my kids that I would be sad to see gone, but the pics are more important. I would save the hard drive.
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM
My phone. It allows me to access everything essential.
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I have lost too many pics from crashed hard drives. Carbonite.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

My hard drive. It has every photo taken of my children since they have been born. It also has our wedding pics on it. There is nothing else in my home that I could not replace.

There are keepsake boxes for my kids that I would be sad to see gone, but the pics are more important. I would save the hard drive.
Della529
by Matlock on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Get the kids to help. We had a good time going through them and taking a walk down memory lane.
Quoting LauraKW:

I didn't say photos because I knew that would be what my husband chose :). Although this makes me want to start scanning in pics tomorrow.

Quoting Della529:

Photos.  When my home burned, a lot of those were lost.  I treasure the ones that I still have.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm torn. I have two things I would want to grab. My laptop for the pictures and the flag that was draped on Matt's casket. If I can only grab one it would be the flag.
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Do it!!! Put all your pics on an external backup hard drive. Backup photos periodically. Ours is the size of two decks cards. If I get my kids and pets out safely and still have time its the one thing I would grab. It's sits easily accessible on top of the computer.

Quoting LauraKW:

I didn't say photos because I knew that would be what my husband chose :). Although this makes me want to start scanning in pics tomorrow.

Quoting Della529:

Photos.  When my home burned, a lot of those were lost.  I treasure the ones that I still have.

romalove
by Roma on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Everyone who is saying pictures should be scanning them into their computer and saving them.  You will never have to worry about the burning in a fire that way.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I'm telling you, Carbonite. $50 a year. I would gladly pay 10 times as much to get back the pictures we have lost. And only wish I had the option to do so.

Quoting Peanutx3:

I'm torn. I have two things I would want to grab. My laptop for the pictures and the flag that was draped on Matt's casket. If I can only grab one it would be the flag.
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Probably my laptop, or at the very least my external harddrive, because my livelihood is on that thing (I'm a contractor). Also, all of my photos are now scanned and on the laptop.
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:04 PM

The portraits of my daughters as children, and as many of my kids' works of art and photos as I could carry.

Nothing else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)