Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

So we can hunt down those that caused the Nairobi attack but not those that killed our Ambassador?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:33 PM
  • 7 Replies
BREAKING NEWS Saturday, October 5, 2013 4:30 PM EDT
U.S. Says Navy SEAL Team Captures Shabab Leader in Somalia
A Navy SEAL team seized a senior leader of the Shabab militant group from his seaside villa in the Somali town of Baraawe on Saturday, American officials said, in response to a deadly attack on a Nairobi shopping mall for which the group had claimed responsibility.
The SEAL team stealthily approached the beachfront house by sea, seizing the unidentified target in a pre-dawn action that was the most significant raid by American troops on Somali soil since commandos killed Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan, a Qaeda mastermind, near the same town four years ago.
Such operations by American forces are rare because they carry a high risk, and indicate that the target was considered a high priority. Baraawe, a small port town south of Mogadishu, the Somali capital, is known as a gathering place for the Shabab’s foreign fighters.

READ MORE »

http://www.cafemom.com/group/99198/forums/
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I'm not shocked we got involved in this. All of the M.E. is concerned about Al Shabab right now. 

As for the other, I don't think we know *who* to go after for the Libya attack. Our intelligence sucks on that particular incident.

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM

No it doesn't.  "They" knew who, what, when, where and why.  The real question is "why" didn't we respond.

Quoting cjsbmom:

I'm not shocked we got involved in this. All of the M.E. is concerned about Al Shabab right now. 

As for the other, I don't think we know *who* to go after for the Libya attack. Our intelligence sucks on that particular incident.

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:42 PM

It is VERY disturbing that this Administration 'kiss' Stevens good-bye for either politics or arms.  This says a lot.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not entirely convinced of that, so we'll have to agree to disagree. 

Quoting pvtjokerus:

No it doesn't.  "They" knew who, what, when, where and why.  The real question is "why" didn't we respond.

Quoting cjsbmom:

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Look at some of the International reporting.  It was reported on who was doing what.  Look at the target that the US media has interviewed at least twice but yet, the FBi is still trying to interview.  The attack was shown live in Washington.  You really don't think we didn't have our 'ears' in the air too during the attacks?

Quoting cjsbmom:

I'm not entirely convinced of that, so we'll have to agree to disagree. 

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting cjsbmom:

Miller0305
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:51 PM

It's because the truth about Benghazi makes Obama and Hilary  look bad. They will hide it at all costs. 

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I would have more respect for them if they told us the truth instead of continuously lie and hide the facts.

Quoting Miller0305:

It's because the truth about Benghazi makes Obama and Hilary  look bad. They will hide it at all costs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN