Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Infant raped at daycare center

Posted: Oct 05, 2013 7:50 PM EDTUpdated: Oct 05, 2013 9:25 PM EDT
ELYRIA, OH (WOIO) -

Police say they have video of Heather Koon, 25, having sex with a baby.  The video was found on Koon's laptop. 

"I still haven't wrapped my mind around it. It's every parent's worst nightmare," said the baby's father, who wants to remain anonymous.

The father is speaking out about the incident so other parents can figure out if their child was also victimized.  He says ABC KIDZ daycare in Elyria asked him not to talk about the incident.

"They tried to act like it was a simple assault.  A few hours later they called us back again and asked us to keep it discrete," said the dad.

The shocked father's advice; "Any child that's old enough to talk, they should talk to.  Any child that's not old enough to talk should be taken to a physician."

Police arrested Koon after checking up on her boyfriend, James Osborne.  Osborne is listed on Lorain County's sex offender website as living at another address.  Police arrested him and confiscated a laptop found in the apartment.  A police report shows it belonged to Koon and contained a video file of her "engaging in sexual conduct with an unknown infant".

Police had to figure out who the child was.

"They showed us still photos," said the father.

Koon faces two counts of rape after police identified a second victim.

The management of ABC KIDZ had no comment.

Osborne and Koon are in the Lorain County Jail waiting for their day in court. 

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/23618142/infant-raped-at-elyria-daycare-center

This sickens me soooo damn much! My friend just enrolled her 4yr old at this daycare because it was the most cost effective daycare around that would work with her hours. She did it before she talked to me the other day. I told her (before finding out about the rape) Shit, bring me your son. I'll do it for $80 a week." (they are charging her $100 a week). I'm not babysitting to "make a shit ton of money". I love being around kiddos and her son is ADHD just like my son. I know the structure he has to have. She was also asking if I would work with him on writing, reading, etc. 

Anyway... I'm just floored. There have been many rumors about that daycare for the past couple years. Anytime you go past the place it looks empty, dingy, etc. I would have guessed they would have violations for cleanliness... not this! My guess is that the place will be shut down within the next couple weeks because they asked the parents to keep silent about the rapes! 

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by May 2014....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi, and exercising more? We shall see!!!! Follow me at MyFitnessPal

Wedding Countdown Ticker

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Replies (71-79):
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I completely understand what you mean. I have no memories of my grandfather doing things to any of us but for my entire life my nightmares always centered on trying to escape from my grandparents house and not being able to. It was really mystifying for me since I loved my grandparents. Didn't understand why. Then after grandpa died it came out he was a child molester...... I don't remember it but I don't doubt it happened.

Quoting Themis_Defleo:

Nobody told me about it until much, much later.  I was in foster care as an infant.  I was placed in my adoptive home at 3 months.  I had physical injuries at that time  that I learned about when I was a teen.  I suffered for years from nightmares (night terrors?) and panic attacks that were likely related to the physical abuse.

When I say that the memories can't be recalled, I mean that the mind can't go to the "filing cabinet" and pull it out in a form that you can describe.  That kind of memory doesn't form until we have learned some way to classify things - usually through language.  Even though a baby doesn't store "word pictures," he knows who is kind to him and hwo has hurt him.  He remembers many things - just not the way that you and I do.  Does that make more sense?

Quoting mamaBerg85:

Did someone tell u about it? If it were me I'd lie to my kid say it never happened. I do it to protect my kid. If the person is in jail or lone gone for good then there is no reason to discuss that with the victum that was that young.
I don't understand how u say I don't recall the abuse but ur mind remembers it.

Quoting Themis_Defleo:

I suffered abuse as an infant that affected me profoundly. I didn't havd the ability to recall the abuse, and that has made it difficult to move past psychologically. Fear and pain leave mental wounds.emories generally require language skills to store in a firm that can be recalled , but the mind and body remember trauma even before we are verbal.

Quoting mamaBerg85:

I'd pull my kid. That's sick. Poor ba by luckily the infant won't remember this.

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Excuse me?  lol

We worked opposite shifts, too.

Quoting alc4evermom:

I have never sent my son to day care and i dont plan to send this one that i am having either. I also dont plan to stop working or discontinuing my education. We are working opposite shifts. Chill the fuck out.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

This is why I believe that parents need to be solely responsible for the care of their children before they go on to kindergarten, or at the very least another trusted family member to care for the child.  It is not unknown to me that both parents need to work in some cases.  I did it. 

Quoting alc4evermom:

This is why I believe in the death penalty.  Those people are a waste of space.

BNC1100
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM

OMG. I missed this and I live in Ohio. I swear I dont know wtf is wrong with people these days. How could you even think about doing something like that is beyond me. That B*tch needs to spend the rest of her life in prison.

rfhsure
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:36 PM
No words. Who the fuck does that. I can't wrap my head around it. In just glad the bitch got caught.
Themis_Defleo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I don't watch local TV (no cable), so I didn't see it on the news.  I finally did see it on their website after you posted below.  I had to click on the crime tab to get to the story.  Weird thing is they list a different daycare center (in Amherst).  What a messed up story.  Poor babies. :(

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

They did this morning... at least they posted it on FB this morning. Fox8 and Channel 5 have been covering it. 

Quoting Themis_Defleo:

I live in Vermilion. I'm surprised I heard nothing about this. The Morning Journal didn't have a headline on their website. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Lunarprancer
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:51 PM

That is horrifying.

JustCJ
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:51 PM

What in the hell is wrong with people? Society has ZERO use for @unt$ like this.

TimetoMomUp
by Runt on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:28 PM

That makes me want to vomit.  I hate child rapist and molesters.  They are worse than the bottom feeders of society and should not be allowed to exist with the rest of us.  Send them to a deserted island alone and let them figure it all out for themselves.  

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I was reading this earlier. I really can't wrap my mind around it. What possesses people to do that? It can't be for sexual gratification can it?  It sickens and saddens me beyond belief. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)