Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Posted this over at N&P after being told I was a whiney lib who just needs to come over here :)

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • 27 Replies
2 moms liked this

This was a rant I wrote out last night after a few glasses of wine.  This is just how upset I am getting at this whole debacle we call government

Really, why hasn't the US said fuck it and started to kick Congressmen out of office?  Dems, Repubs...anyone who hasn't stood by the American people and actually tried do their damn jobs?  

I would love to see reform happen in the US.  And the great thing about it, that reform is already drafted and in a safe place.  It is called the US Constitution.  Any right that isn't outlined there for our federal government isn't granted to our government, let the states take care of themselves and govern the way they see fit within their Constitutional guidelines as well.  But take it a step further, term limits for Congressmen.  No more career politicians who embed themselves so far into the system that they no longer care what happens to the people who pay them.  

And don't stop at Congress.  What about the Executive branch?  Doesn't seem that much help or pushing is coming from that big white house in DC.  Maybe it is time that the American people light a fire underneath President Obama's ass and tell him to put up or shut up.  If you want Obamacare to pass so badly then push back the individual mandate and work with House Republicans to come up with a comprehensive plan that benefits Americans.  Not the insurance companies or big Pharma but regular working people like you and I.  

I am tired of being told by our President and Congress that the typical American needs to work harder on making America better.  I can tell you this much right now, what would make America better is getting people into government who are there for the right reasons, to ensure that our once great nation perseveres and becomes great once again.  Right now that doesn't include a majority of those sitting in office, collecting pay checks as how many people are looking at starvation.  

That is my rant for the night.  Honestly, America needs to wake up and realize that we are being used like fools.  Our government doesn't think we will take a stand against them and demand them to do what we elected them to do.  I just wish more people would see that instead of trying to figure out who to blame.  Blame yourself America, maybe if you would have not just sat there and watched it happen things would be different.

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purpleducky
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:54 AM
4 moms liked this

Yeah. I really want to start an "Average Joe" party where if elected the person must donate part of his or her salary back to the community, cannot take money from lobbyists, and must vote according to what the people want. Pipe dreams. But yeah, we need more than 2 parties.

PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't mind seeing the entire party system dismantled. Make people run for office based on their own merit and platform instead of the cookie cutter Republican or Democrat.  That would make people who vote only one way have to sit back and really learn what their politician is all about.

Quoting purpleducky:

Yeah. I really want to start an "Average Joe" party where if elected the person must donate part of his or her salary back to the community, cannot take money from lobbyists, and must vote according to what the people want. Pipe dreams. But yeah, we need more than 2 parties.

LIMom1105
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:12 PM
2 moms liked this
So what was the problem with your post at N & P? You criticize both parties, though I suppose anyone who criticizes the GOP isn't welcome. I quit a few weeks ago, it got too one sided and nasty over there.

Anyway, I agree with you except I haven't seen key parties of the GOP stepping up to propose alternatives to ACA. So how can negotiation take place? I'm curious to see if he invokes the 14th amendment to end the shutdown. I think he should.

But our political system needs a huge overhaul.
PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Well according to the conservatives over there I am not a Libertarian but a liberal in hiding.  I am also an anarchist.  It is mainly 4 of them over there that keep it up, I just find it humorous.

Quoting LIMom1105:

So what was the problem with your post at N & P? You criticize both parties, though I suppose anyone who criticizes the GOP isn't welcome. I quit a few weeks ago, it got too one sided and nasty over there.

Anyway, I agree with you except I haven't seen key parties of the GOP stepping up to propose alternatives to ACA. So how can negotiation take place? I'm curious to see if he invokes the 14th amendment to end the shutdown. I think he should.

coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been saying this for years. Get rid of party labels, get rid of party funding machines.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

I wouldn't mind seeing the entire party system dismantled. Make people run for office based on their own merit and platform instead of the cookie cutter Republican or Democrat.  That would make people who vote only one way have to sit back and really learn what their politician is all about.

Quoting purpleducky:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wicked.Jester
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:16 PM
6 moms liked this

And the money needs to be taken out of politics.  No "donations" by corporations, lobbyists, average folks.  No one....close all the loopholes so no one can buy the President and Congress anymore.

It makes me laugh when "Republicans" and "Democrats" fight with each other (as in the moms here).  Both parties are in the pocket of corporations and no one is there for the people anymore.  That anyone still believes otherwise astounds me.  

LIMom1105
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I am a raving liberal, not a moderate. Funny how people online understand you better than you understand yourself, isn't it?

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Well according to the conservatives over there I am not a Libertarian but a liberal in hiding.  I am also an anarchist.  It is mainly 4 of them over there that keep it up, I just find it humorous.

Quoting LIMom1105:

PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I know.  I mean speaking out against both parties doesn't say anything about how I view the world at all.  And this piece, I guess this is just Liberal garbage, though I am sure that some of my conservative and Tea Party friends agree with me.

Quoting LIMom1105:

I am a raving liberal, not a moderate. Funny how people online understand you better than you understand yourself, isn't it?

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting LIMom1105:

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Well you started off sounding like a Tea Party supporter, until you got to Obamacare....

Wicked.Jester
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I am a Libertarian.  You sounded Libertarian to me.

Most people don't even know what a Libertarian is......so you get improperly labeled.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Oh I know.  I mean speaking out against both parties doesn't say anything about how I view the world at all.  And this piece, I guess this is just Liberal garbage, though I am sure that some of my conservative and Tea Party friends agree with me.

Quoting LIMom1105:

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting LIMom1105:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)