Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Radical Idea

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:27 PM
  • 68 Replies
7 moms liked this

Instead of pointing blame at this party or that, how about we treat all of our politicians as something we need to watch carefully like a snake and take control over. How about we as a nation take our power back and have them work for us and not allow this stupid blame game? Is this too radical? I mean after all most of us do not allow our children to point fingers to get out of what take responsibility for, so why allow it of our politicians?

Thoughts?

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed.

.Milfshake.
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:49 PM
3 moms liked this

I absolutely agree! maybe have them actually work for their paycheck 

rfurlongg
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:02 PM
5 moms liked this
I agree. However I feel that current campaign finance laws have left the people with little power. Corporations, lobbyists, and super pacs control the game. How do we reverse that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stormcris
by Christy on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Form a continental congress and give them the option of getting off the corporate payroll, do their job or face impeachment.

Quoting rfurlongg:

I agree. However I feel that current campaign finance laws have left the people with little power. Corporations, lobbyists, and super pacs control the game. How do we reverse that?

Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Yup yup!
rfurlongg
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:20 PM
But wouldn't a law have to be enacted for that? How do we realistically so that when the people the law would empeach would also be the people creating the law? They do not do anything that could potentially hurt them.

Quoting stormcris:

Form a continental congress and give them the option of getting off the corporate payroll, do their job or face impeachment.

Quoting rfurlongg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:30 PM
2 moms liked this

It'd be nice. But sadly, there are far too many TP extremists in this country. I worry the day will come with that extremist bullshit will completely invade American politics. 

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Curious, how are you going to watch what politicians are doing?
stormcris
by Christy on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:41 PM

The states could technically make it through their own legislatures under Article V with 2/3 agreement.

Quoting rfurlongg:

But wouldn't a law have to be enacted for that? How do we realistically so that when the people the law would empeach would also be the people creating the law? They do not do anything that could potentially hurt them.

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting rfurlongg:

stormcris
by Christy on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:43 PM

What they do is a matter of public record when it concerns their vote and campaign fund. The only additional thing which would be needed is an audit of expenses for the entire government.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Curious, how are you going to watch what politicians are doing?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN