Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Just Like a Prayer? Madonna reveals she is studying the Quran

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM
  • 91 Replies

Al Arabiya: Madonna revealed this week she has been studying the Holy Quran, a practice which has come alongside her efforts to build girls’ schools in Islamic countries.

“I am building schools for girls in Islamic countries and studying the Holy Quran. I think it is important to study all the holy books,” the U.S. pop icon said in an interview with Harper’s Bazaar published on Friday.

Madonna added that she agrees with what one of her friends tell her; that a good Muslim is a good Jew, a good Jew is a good Christian, and so forth.

The “Material Girl” recently got her fans talking after posting a picture on Facebook from a photo shoot in which she wore what looked like a chainmail niqab.

The picture was accompanied by the words: “The Revolution of Love is on…Inshallah [Arabic for 'God willing'].”

Speculations over the “Like a Prayer” singer’s interest in Islam have sparked in recent years after the star began dating Brahim Zaibat, a Muslim of Algerian descent.

Last year, Madonna was pictured in Turkey with Zaibat as she wore a headscarf to visit a mosque in Turkey, according to news reports.

In this week’s interview, the 55-year-old star also disclosed revelations from her younger years. She recalled being held up at gunpoint, raped and having her seedy apartment burgled three times, saying she was scared at times before she started making it as a singer and dancer.

“New York wasn’t everything I thought it would be. It did not welcome me with open arms,” she said.

“The first year, I was held up at gunpoint. Raped on the roof of a building I was dragged up to with a knife in my back, and had my apartment broken into three times. I don’t know why; I had nothing of value after they took my radio the first time.”

http://islaamreligion.blogspot.com/2013/10/just-like-prayer-madonna-reveals-she-is.html

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:58 PM
2 moms liked this
She's gone through a lot of religions. Catholic, Kabalah, Muslim. What's next?
Saphira1207
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:06 AM
8 moms liked this

I think it's good that she's so open minded to others culture and religion.  Especially if she wants to start schools there, it's going to make it much easier to accomplish.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Interesting

RandRMomma
by Maya on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:16 AM
2 moms liked this
Good for her.
RandRMomma
by Maya on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:16 AM
True. She could be doing it for show. Or, she could just be trying to find her way.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

muslimomof2
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Interesting could be a stunt or she could be trying to find her way

muslimah
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not sure she is converting though. She may just be studying for her own knowledge. I also think if she is going to build Muslim schools for Muslims it is an important thing that she understands and has knowledge of the religion.

I wonder though since says she will study Quran if she knows there is more to it. She also needs to study the hadiths and the sunnah. The three go hand in hand and complete each other.

With out the hadith and the sunnah the Quran it's self is not enough to really get the full understanding. That's why it always boggles my mind when some bigoted CM tells how she knows all about Islam because "she read the Quran" lol.

Most of the Cafe Moms who try to use that as their source of knowledge are full of shit anyways and never read the Quran and i tell them so.

Subhan Allah ( سبحان الله )"Glory be to Allah"
 Alhamdulillah ( الحمدللہ )"All Praise to Allah"
 Allahu Akbar ( الله اكبر )"Allah is the Greatest"

muslimah
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Quoting Saphira1207:

I think it's good that she's so open minded to others culture and religion.  Especially if she wants to start schools there, it's going to make it much easier to accomplish.

Well it's almost a must that she learn the religion even if she doesn't convert if she going to be opening Muslim schools.

Subhan Allah ( سبحان الله )"Glory be to Allah"
 Alhamdulillah ( الحمدللہ )"All Praise to Allah"
 Allahu Akbar ( الله اكبر )"Allah is the Greatest"

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Guess she must turn to favor the dominant religion that serves Hollyweird at the time.

Maybe in the 50's she'd be married to a Jew, but the purse strings must have changed hands now.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:37 AM

doing it for show.

if she was humble you wouldn't know what religion she was.

Quoting RandRMomma:

True. She could be doing it for show. Or, she could just be trying to find her way.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN