Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

VIDEO: Obama Forces People Out of Their PRIVATELY-OWNED HOMES on Federal Land

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:54 PM
  • 3 Replies

http://www.capitalisminstitute.org/obama-evicts-elderly/

The link  just taks  you  to the news video

VIDEO: Obama Forces People Out of Their PRIVATELY-OWNED HOMES on Federal Land

The last few weeks have been surreal. We’ve become used to Obama’s “scandals” of constant constitutional and natural rights violations. But now, he’s reaching a point where there is no coherent rationalization for what he’s doing other than a pure power grab. He’s openly hurting citizens on purpose.

He barricaded the WWII memorial so the WWII vets couldn’t see their own memorial. Then he did the same to the Vietnam vets. Then he shut down hundreds of privately-funded parks. He even shut down the Grand Canyon even though Arizona offered to pay to keep it open.

Now, he’s crossed yet “another line”. Obama has actually forced people out of their PRIVATELY-OWNED HOMES on federal land. Yes, he is actually kicking people out of their homes that they own outright — he sent federal agents to do the dirty work.

According to KTNV, based in Nevada:

The government shutdown is being felt close to home for some locals. They say they’re being forced out of private homes on Lake Mead because they sit on federal land.

Joyce Spencer is 77-years-old and her husband Ralph is 80. They’ve been spending most of their time in the family ice cream store since going home isn’t an option.

The Spencers never expected to be forced out of their Lake Mead home, which they’ve owned since the 70s, but on Thursday, a park ranger said they had 24 hours to get out.

“I had to go to town today and buy Ralph undershirts and jeans because I forgot his pants,” Joyce Spencer told Action News.

The Stewart’s Point home sits on federal land, so even though the Spencers own their cabin outright, they’re not allowed in until the government reopens.

Park officials said property owners can visit only to retrieve belongings; they sent Action News a statement which reads in part, “Unfortunately overnight stays are not permitted until a budget is passed and the park can reopen.”

Here’s the video:

It’s surreal. Right now, the people are being treated like prisoners in a war-zone. This is what politics and a power-hungry president have done to the country. Spread this — let people know what’s happening. The mainstream media is acting like propaganda for him, like usual.

The story is from -

KTNV ABC Channel 13 - Las Vegas, Nevada - Local News ...

But the story is the link at the top of the page.

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
RandRMomma
by Maya on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I have come to the conclusion that everything that's wrong in my life is Obama's fault.

Damn you Obama.
jllcali
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:49 AM
2 moms liked this
I find the claim of privately owned homes on federal land dubious.

Do you have an article you can post? I'm not going to click the link. I find posts with nothing but a link and dramatic title suspicious.
trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this

He's sure a busy guy.  Putting up cones to block Mt Rushmore then running over to put up baricades at the Vietnam memorial and now this.  F@cking Obama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN