Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Yahoo! Mail Bash! The Changes Stink - I Want it Back the Way it Was!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 50 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am livid. Hear me SCREAM!!!  

Why in bloody H did Yahoo! have to screw with the whole look of Yahoo! Mail? I don't think it was broken.

There's no way to reach Yahoo customer service to see if I can get my old format back. No way to click "send" if you want to report a problem. Customer Care is totally not working. 

Yeah, they know it's a mess. Customers must be besieging them with complaints.

And they say on their site that they really like the changes. Well, some users don't.  

I want the message window back the way it was. I want to type in the space I used to type in.

And why on earth would I need mail in the inbox from someone I previously emailed to say "ME" before the sender's name? 

If I want to know who I sent an email to, I can click on "Sent." That's the purpose of the "Sent" file. 

Anyone else want to vent?

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I don't use Yahoo mail.

I think I still have an old email with them.

Now I want to see if I can get in to it to see what you are talking about. lol

Nicoleb9
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Yahoo has been tanking for some time, which is unfortunate because I like the site in general.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Annettey19
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I prefer Gmail.

johnsmama98
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate it.

viv212
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:38 AM
We use yahoo at my job. I don't like any of their new changes either. I can delete 3 spam messages and then they reappear minutes later unread again.
muslimah
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Mine has not changed. I hope it doesn't. I hate when they make a change after you are used to it being one way. Did you do any kind of an up grade or something or did it just change?

Maybe I am behind on my updates again. I know a couple months back when I did my updates it changed my Yahoo tool bar which I loved. I hated the new one and just ended up uninstalling it.

Subhan Allah ( سبحان الله )"Glory be to Allah"
 Alhamdulillah ( الحمدللہ )"All Praise to Allah"
 Allahu Akbar ( الله اكبر )"Allah is the Greatest"

FireCoyote
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:10 AM
I noticed the changes last night.....and hate them. There was nothing wrong with the old format.
FrogSalad
by Sooze on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:52 AM

I don't use mine often.  But, I just took a look and although it's changed somewhat, it doesn't seem horrible to me.  Granted, I only looked around for about 5 minutes and it's not my primary email account so it won't be as frustrating to me as other users.

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:38 AM

I have more virus issues with Yahoo mail then with gmail... I use it for messanger only 

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I don't use Yahoo.  Sorry.  I do like iGoogle and it is going away the first of the month.  That ticks me off. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN