Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom arrested after forcing 10-year-old to walk on freeway as punishment

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 10 Replies

Mom arrested after forcing 10-year-old to walk on freeway as punishment

Updated: Oct 09, 2013 11:51 AM EST

(Fox News.com)
(Fox News.com)

According to Fox News, police southeast of Houston say a woman has been arrested for punishing her 10-year-old boy by having him walk home along a busy freeway.

League City police say 34-year-old Angela Graciela Garcia ordered the child from her car Monday evening after the two argued and she became frustrated. Authorities say he had walked on the shoulder of Interstate 45, also known as Gulf Freeway, for about 15 minutes before police stopped him.

"Making your child walk home on I-45 at 8:30 at night in the dark, in a busy stretch where many fatalities have occurred that is crossing the line," League City Police Officer Reagan Pena told MyFoxHouston.com. "It's on a major roadway. There are many cars going, it's also a stretch of freeway we've had many fatalities in the last month. The child truly was in danger,"

Garcia had another son in the car and both children later were released to the custody of their father.

Garcia, a resident of League City, was charged with abandoning and endangering a child. She was held Tuesday at the Galveston County jail on a $7,500 bond.

Online jail records did not indicate an attorney for Garcia.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supercarp
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM

What an idiot.

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, I pulled over and made my son get out once but he was 20 lol.

Radarma
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM

For crap's sake. How about the "parent" walk off their anger and allow the child to remain safe?

People are mean and dumb a lot of times.

Stupid B*tch this one is.

JessT5280
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I'd make my kid walk if it was warranted ... but certainly not on a busy freeway. 

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM

What a dumb ass

free1
by ~FreeSpirit~ on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM

'Something is seriously wrong with her.'

WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Good. That poor excuse for a mother deserves what she got. No matter how mad I have gotten at my kids, I have never, and never will, force my kids out of the car, and make them walk home alone.  That kid could have been run over or kidnapped. When my kids act out in the car, I send them to their room when we get home, and take away privilages for the rest of the day.

LaBuenaVida
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 5:46 AM

She was probably one of those idiot Christians. 

momtoscott
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:24 AM

She needs to be prosecuted and at least have parenting classes and CPS monitoring.  I can't imagine the thought process that would lead to this being okay.  

momtoscott
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Quoting LaBuenaVida:

She was probably one of those idiot Christians. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)