Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bachmann says ‘rejoice’ we're facing ‘God's end times’

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM
  • 82 Replies
1 mom liked this

Bachmann says ‘rejoice’ we're facing ‘God's end times’

Michele Bachmann

Michele Bachmann claims we're facing "God's end times,” and says "rather than seeing this as a negative, we need to rejoice." According to Bachmann, President Obama's actions in Syria are proof that the end times are upon us.

While speaking to the Christian radio show Understanding the Times last Saturday, Bachmann made the false claim that “President Obama waived a ban on arming terrorists in order to allow weapons to go to the Syrian opposition.” Bachmann also made the false allegation that President Obama is giving aid to Al Qaeda, which she said is proof that we are living in the Last Days. Bachmann said:

This happened and as of today the United States is willingly, knowingly, intentionally sending arms to terrorists, now what this says to me, I’m a believer in Jesus Christ, as I look at the End Times scripture, this says to me that the leaf is on the fig tree and we are to understand the signs of the times, which is your ministry, we are to understand where we are in God’s end times history.

Rather than seeing this as a negative, we need to rejoice, Maranatha Come Lord Jesus, His day is at hand.

Bachmann is wrong. The United States is not “willingly, knowingly, intentionally sending arms to terrorists.” Bachmann is also confused. Her Christian fundamentalism is toxic.

While Bachmann may speak for many Christians, it is nevertheless perverse to suggest that one “rejoice” at the prospect of the world coming to an end. Indeed, it is a profound perversity of Christianity that so many seek escape from this world via apocalyptic end times, while placing all hope in fabricated and fictitious notions of an afterlife, and the second coming of a Christ that will not return.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quickbooksworm
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this
She lives in an alternate reality. This was established during the last election.
JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

She just keeps getting nuttier, doesn't she.

WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Oh no. Not her again?  This lady is nuttier than a fruitcake.

MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM
7 moms liked this

famiglia_bella
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM
7 moms liked this

But that's so much easier than helping to create a better world to LIVE in!!  Waaaaaahhhhhh, I don't wanna do anything!  (I'd love it if someone created a timeline video of clips and pics of all the generations that have been looking forward to the second coming, end times, blah, blah, blah....)

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I wonder if, 50 years from now, she will be embarassed about these claims. 

romalove
by Roma on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM
5 moms liked this

I wonder how terrible her life must be for her to rejoice at "end times".

areid1023
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Lol. Amusing but not surprising.
momto3B
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I think dear Michelle needs better meds.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:47 PM

She never fails to amuse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)