Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

These Comments About Politicians Are Too Mean To Be True. But They ARE True.

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM
  • 9 Replies

This really reminds me of when atypical activists like Bob Dylan and Marvin Gaye would write something wonderful in protest of the times they lived in.

The lyrics:

Making promises you can't keep
Hungry wolves dressed like sheep
They shake our hands, slap our backs
I don't know why they do us like that

Now what I'm saying is things ain't right
These conditions ain't no good for life
Whose decision is it anyway, yours or mine?

Pushing poison to our children
Still promoting class division
We are starving, but you grow fat
I don't know why they do us like that

One day, we're gonna open up
And do what we got to do, yeah
But the revolution will not be televised
And we put the script on you

This free country is not so free
Ain't no hope for you and me
From the power-hungry money fiends
Putting the world behind the scene

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

bump

PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Euphoric:

bump

rfurlongg
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:10 PM

When is the video from? Do you know? I am familiar with Quetzal from the early to the mid 90's but that looks older. 

PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Honestly don't know.

Quoting rfurlongg:

When is the video from? Do you know? I am familiar with Quetzal from the early to the mid 90's but that looks older. 

rfurlongg
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:13 PM

We all know that is true, but we do nothing about it. We vote them back is time and again, we blame the other party etc. I have often wondered how far the American people can pushed before they fight back. Other countries lash out when bus fares hike or when university tuition increases. Americans, at least so far, seem to have great tolerance for what politician throw at us. 

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM

In part, at least around here, it's because no one new ever runs. It's the same old faces time and time again. We have no real choices when election time rolls around. And that's a huge part of the problem.

Quoting rfurlongg:

We all know that is true, but we do nothing about it. We vote them back is time and again, we blame the other party etc. I have often wondered how far the American people can pushed before they fight back. Other countries lash out when bus fares hike or when university tuition increases. Americans, at least so far, seem to have great tolerance for what politician throw at us. 

rfurlongg
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I agree. But other countries stage protests and shut down major avenues, block access to political areas etc until change occurs. That does not (to my knowledge) seem to be a part of the American psyche. As a country we seem more complacent, or tolerant. Why is that? 

Quoting cjsbmom:

In part, at least around here, it's because no one new ever runs. It's the same old faces time and time again. We have no real choices when election time rolls around. And that's a huge part of the problem.

Quoting rfurlongg:

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I'm not sure if it's complacency and tolerance or outright fear. If we protested in the streets here the way they do in other countries, don't think for one minute the military wouldn't be called out to restore order. That is what people fear most here.

Quoting rfurlongg:

I agree. But other countries stage protests and shut down major avenues, block access to political areas etc until change occurs. That does not (to my knowledge) seem to be a part of the American psyche. As a country we seem more complacent, or tolerant. Why is that? 

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting rfurlongg:

rfurlongg
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I think that is a similar fear in many countries as well, at least in South American it is. I think their rage is greater than their fear. Perhaps the anger here has not reached that point. It seems that people really align themselves with a political party in this country. Other countries where change occurs through protest and revolutions have a common thread in the people vs the govt. while CF is no measure of the nation, certainly anecdotaly it exhibits stronger party alliances rather anti-politician sentiments. Perhaps that is it.. 

Quoting cjsbmom:

I'm not sure if it's complacency and tolerance or outright fear. If we protested in the streets here the way they do in other countries, don't think for one minute the military wouldn't be called out to restore order. That is what people fear most here.

Quoting rfurlongg:

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting rfurlongg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)