Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

John McCain Blames Tea Party For Government Shutdown

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 5:35 AM
  • 33 Replies
3 moms liked this
John McCain Blames Tea Party For Government Shutdown

Ashley AlmanThe Huffington PostOct 10, 2013
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) blamed tea party Republicans for the government shutdown during a CNN interview on Wednesday, saying Congress never had a shot at defunding Obamacare.

“We started this on a fool’s errand, convincing so many millions of Americans and our supporters that we could defund Obamacare," McCain said.

While McCain didn't name names, he faulted members of Congress -- "tea partiers specifically" -- for wrongly telling "millions of Americans" that Obamacare can be defunded.

That "obviously wouldn’t happen until we had 67 Republican senators to override a presidential veto," McCain said.

McCain denounced the fight to defund Obamacare at the cost of a fiscal impasse even before the govenrment shut down last week. McCain called out Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) for his anti-Obamacare speech, and said "the people spoke" when they reelected President Barack Obama in 2012.

"We fought as hard as we could in a fair and honest manner and we lost," McCain said. "One of the reasons was because we were in the minority, and in democracies, almost always the majority governs and passes legislation."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 5:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kate_Momof3
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:50 AM
5 moms liked this

I'm with McCain on this one.

I emphatically protested against our invasion of Iraq because I knew it would literally cost us thousands of American lives and tens of thousands of Iraqi lives. I knew it was going to be a quamire of bullshit for years, costing us billions.

Not once was the idea of shutting the government down ever presented as a possibility.

Ever.

We had to admit defeat when the American people and their elected officials chose to invade.

As heartbreaking and terrifying as it was to see our country choose to head in such a destructive direction, it did not stop me from participating in our democracy. That's the American way: you fight the good fight to the best of your ability.

Ted Cruz may in his heart of hearts believe he is right in standing up for the minority of voters who believe they are right. But believing one has the correct answer and using such horrible tactics to try and get people to understand that, is nothing short of futile.

He's just making people angry.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:34 AM
3 moms liked this
I agree with him. I like that he isn't afraid to speak his mind, even if it means going against his party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Countess79
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
McCain is a two faced asshole!
Aslen
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:57 AM
3 moms liked this
Why? Because he told it like it is?

Quoting Countess79:

Countess79
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Well for lots of reasons..

but here are just a few

1) He ran against Obama once.. Then decided that he couldn't beat him so he joined him.. Which isn't being by partisan.. It means conspiring with someone who just months earlier he was digging up the guys dirty laundry. And frankly that is TWO FACED...

2) He has proven over and again that many times he has given press releases and or information that is at best only marginally true.

Then in addition.. 

In the beginning he was in bed with the tea partiers... Now suddenly he is "outing them"

Give me a break. This Government shut down is EVERYONE up on that hill's fault.. No amount of just republicans could have done this.. No amount of just democrats could have done this and certainly  With only a few offical Teapartiers they couldn't have done it on their own..

But last but not least..

3 OUR GOVERNMENT IS SUPPOSED TO BE RUN WHERE THE PEOPLE ARE BEING REPRESENTED.. And 70% of the population DON'T want the Obama care as it is.. Not saying they don't want National Health care.. I am saying that they don't want ObamaCARE..

They and alot of us wouldn't mind subsidized health care.. But not with all the bull shit pork added to Obamacare!

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting Countess79:

Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
But, but...McCain's a RINO so it doesn't matter. ;)

Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:29 AM
4 moms liked this
1. The election is over. No need to continue to be a combative asshole and dig up dirt. O is pres. Mc Cain finding a way to work with him in the best interest if governing isn't two faced, it's mature.

2. Lots of pols give "marginally true" statements. He's certainly not the worst offender...just have to take anything ANY of them say with a grain of salt and a lot of research. And if he feels the TP is causing problems, no matter if he "was in bed" with them before, outing them now is telling it like he sees it now. You've never changed an opinion when the situation changed? Not two-faced...it's open to adapt to present reality.

3. I don't know where you get your 70% stat, but I'll pass over that for a second to say that this bill is full of pork because that's how all the assholes on Capitol Hill operate. And holding up funding to the whole country is not the way to fix it. The Reps are seeing their already abysmal approval ratings drop further...so either your "70% of people" are dems or they find these tactics just as deplorable no matter their political affiliation.

And I'm not a McCain fan...I just find it ironic that, not long ago, he was the Rep nom for pres...and now that he doesn't walk around talking shit all about O all day, his opinion is crap.

Quoting Countess79:

but here are just a few

1) He ran against Obama once.. Then decided that he couldn't beat him so he joined him.. Which isn't being by partisan.. It means conspiring with someone who just months earlier he was digging up the guys dirty laundry. And frankly that is TWO FACED...

2) He has proven over and again that many times he has given press releases and or information that is at best only marginally true.

Then in addition.. 

In the beginning he was in bed with the tea partiers... Now suddenly he is "outing them"

Give me a break. This Government shut down is EVERYONE up on that hill's fault.. No amount of just republicans could have done this.. No amount of just democrats could have done this and certainly  With only a few offical Teapartiers they couldn't have done it on their own..

But last but not least..

3 OUR GOVERNMENT IS SUPPOSED TO BE RUN WHERE THE PEOPLE ARE BEING REPRESENTED.. And 70% of the population DON'T want the Obama care as it is.. Not saying they don't want National Health care.. I am saying that they don't want ObamaCARE..

They and alot of us wouldn't mind subsidized health care.. But not with all the bull shit pork added to Obamacare!

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting Countess79:

Countess79
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Why don't you sit and spin on that Rhino horn of is.. since you like it so much!

Quoting Luvnlogic:

1. The election is over. No need to continue to be a combative asshole and dig up dirt. O is pres. Mc Cain finding a way to work with him in the best interest if governing isn't two faced, it's mature.

2. Lots of pols give "marginally true" statements. He's certainly not the worst offender...just have to take anything ANY of them say with a grain of salt and a lot of research. And if he feels the TP is causing problems, no matter if he "was in bed" with them before, outing them now is telling it like he sees it now. You've never changed an opinion when the situation changed? Not two-faced...it's open to adapt to present reality.

3. I don't know where you get your 70% stat, but I'll pass over that for a second to say that this bill is full of pork because that's how all the assholes on Capitol Hill operate. And holding up funding to the whole country is not the way to fix it. The Reps are seeing their already abysmal approval ratings drop further...so either your "70% of people" are dems or they find these tactics just as deplorable no matter their political affiliation.

And I'm not a McCain fan...I just find it ironic that, not long ago, he was the Rep nom for pres...and now that he doesn't walk around talking shit all about O all day, his opinion is crap.

Quoting Countess79:

but here are just a few

Then in addition.. 

But last but not least..

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting Countess79:

Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:45 AM
2 moms liked this
Keep it Klassy, "Countess".

Quoting Countess79:

Why don't you sit and spin on that Rhino horn of is.. since you like it so much!

Quoting Luvnlogic:

Quoting Countess79:

but here are just a few

Then in addition.. 

But last but not least..

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting Countess79:

slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Man, I'm starting to like him more and more.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)