Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

OH NO Its a dead deer!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:47 PM
  • 131 Replies

Would it shock you if your neighbor was skinning a deer in the garage?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyssa414
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Yes. It really would. I know a lot of people do it, but I live in the city, and I would be creeped out.
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Erm no. Would it bother you to see me walking about among my happy turkeys hacking their heads off with a sword? They get tough if they know their death is coming.....

krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM
3 moms liked this
Lol no :)

On any given year, it would be me doing it (if my grandparents lived in town and had a garage - i help them butcher deer after hunting)
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
No. Well actually I'd prefer if he did it outside. It seems less messy. The guy is just processing food. I don't think its creepy to do that.
meaganmac
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Nope, our neighbours skinned/butchered a moose and it didn't bother or shock me. What did, though, was when they threw some bones over for our dogs to chew on without asking and I had 4 sick (vomit and diarrhea) dogs over Christmas.
SuzCahn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

No. That wouldn't be typical for around here though. If I did see it I would run, get my son, and take him to learn.

romalove
by Roma on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Nothing my neighbor does would surprise me.

katy_kay08
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:52 PM
3 moms liked this

only if it wasn't hunting season

katy_kay08
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

that would tick me off.  Did you talk to him about it and ask that he not do it again?  

Quoting meaganmac:

Nope, our neighbours skinned/butchered a moose and it didn't bother or shock me. What did, though, was when they threw some bones over for our dogs to chew on without asking and I had 4 sick (vomit and diarrhea) dogs over Christmas.

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Quoting Elyssa414:

Yes. It really would. I know a lot of people do it, but I live in the city, and I would be creeped out.

why is it creepy?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)