Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Glenn Beck Says Parents Should Physically Abuse Their Kids Until They Believe In God

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:41 PM
  • 64 Replies
Glenn Beck Says Parents Should Physically Abuse Their Kids Until They Adopt A Christian World

Right-wing radio host, Glenn Beck, encourages parents to physically abuse children to teach them that rights come from God. Image: Gage Skidmore @ Flickr

Glenn Beck must be desperate to keep right-wing religious views alive far into the future because during his radio show on Wednesday, the conservative talker actually advocated for parents to physically bully their kids until they submit to Christianity.

Glenn Beck attempted to convince parents to bully their children until they accept God

Right Wing Watch reports that Beck attempted to convince his listeners that they need to take action now to force their kids to believe that it’s God that gives them their rights. To achieve this goal, Beck suggests parents physically abuse them.

“Well, they’re going to cry,” Beck says. “I’ll hurt their feelings. PUSH ‘EM! Because if you don’t do it now, it’s going to be much worse when they’re pushed and they’re shoved and they’re shot. Push them! Teach them! They need to know the truth, and they need to be pushed up against the wall once in a while, so they know they can defend themselves, they know they can survive, they don’t run around like little girls crying at the drop of a hat! PUSH ‘EM!”

Beck demonstrates why religious extremism is dangerous to kids

Considering Beck is the father of four children, perhaps authorities should consider checking in on them to make sure their dad isn’t slamming them against walls to teach them about religion. It’s a criminal offense to physically abuse children, and it should be a criminal offense to urge others to physically abuse them as well. This rant by Beck demonstrates that religious extremism is not only dangerous to adults, but harmful to children as well. In 2011, fundamentalist Christian parents beat one of their nine children to death all in the name of God. The other eight were also beaten but luckily survived.

Glenn Beck is wrong to suggest physically bullying kids to accept religious views

Physical abuse and bullying are very serious problems across the country and result in emotional, mental, and physical side effects. Even suicide can be the end result of constant abuse and bullying. Such treatment also scars children for life and increases the chances of them bullying their own children as adults. It’s a vicious cycle that needs to be put to an end, and Beck isn’t helping. It’s certainly not right to beat a child into submitting to a religious world view. Are conservatives so desperate to keep their extreme religious views going that they are willing to do as Beck suggests? Because when and if that actually happens, Beck should be charged for advocating such behavior.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/10/10/glenn-beck-child-abuse/

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:43 PM
o.0

He's a nutter.
Sister_Someone
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:45 PM
8 moms liked this

Well, I say Glenn Beck needs to be physically abused until he learns that the part of his body he's supposed to shit from is his asshole, not his mouth. 

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

What an idiot....and I am not talking about Beck.  I am talking about the author of the article.

I push my children all the time...just as my Mom pushed me.  That is why I am a responsible and successful adult.

AnnieGoolaheey
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM

What??? He doesn't even make sense.

supercarp
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Why anyone listens to Glenn Beck other than for comedy relief is beyond me.

Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM
And parent of the year goes to......uh, not Glenn Beck.

If he wants to push his own kids around and make them cry, that's on him. Advocating that other people do it, people who may not have the restraint to keep it out of the realm of abuse, is irresponsible.
free1
by ~FreeSpirit~ on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Glenn Beck, encourages parents to physically abuse children. 

Disgusting. 

SuzCahn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see it as being literal.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:03 PM

what a nut case

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't understand how pushing your children into walls helps to teach them about God.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)