Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Football players 2 year old son dying, but he's still playing on Sunday...UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

This just astonishes me. Adrian Petersons son was beaten by the mothers bf, he's on life support and isn't expected to make it, but Peterson is still playing?? I understand people cope differently but, this is just off to me. Plus he didn't seem too concerned in the press conference he just gave. He's either got his priorities out of order or he's REALLY good at hiding his feelings about things. He was at the hospital for a few hours in SD but then left back to Minnesota for practice....

I just can't stop thinking about that poor baby. It absolutely stumps me how people can be so cruel especially to kids and babies. I hope the bf gets the book thrown at him. Smh. So sad.

Just read that his son has passed away due to his injuries. So sad. Prayers for the family. Poor baby :( but now this man is going away for murdering a child. He won't have much fun in prison.

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Replies (281-284):
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM

My thought was that maybe he had information we did not. Like the Dr. Told him there was no hope and it was on,y a matter of time. That like you said he couldn't bear to stand and watch his son fade away, said his goodbyes, and then went to take out all his grief in the one thing that might take away that pain a bit even if for on,y a few hours, surrounded by his support system. I certainly wouldn't leave my child's side, but A, I'm a mom, and B, I know I'd deny anyone telling me there was no hope till my child left me. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't fight till the last nano second. People could fault me for that of the writing was on the wall. Maybe he handled this the best way he knew how. I cannot imagine his grief and I'm not going to judge his choice of actions either. 

My other thought was maybe he thought he'd loose it on his sons mom for having his son around a psychopath and it was best for everyone that he let go, and left town. 

Quoting tanyainmizzou:

Did anyone ever consider that maybe he cannot handle watching his son die, so this is how he is dealing with it?  Maybe he wants to remember the toddler that played with daddy and not a kid hooked up to machines?

VegasJellyFish
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:07 PM

If you read about his life you would know that his life has had allot of tragedy and football is his release. Don't judge until you have been in his shoes.

christina259
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Quoting dudestfd:

He is probably on a contract. He could be sued or lose his job for the season. It is sad, but unfortunately, at the end of the day, life has to go on. 

If it were my child , I would not care about any of that and anyone who didn't see that as a legit reason to break a contract could go screw themselves.

ntapp
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM

From what I understand Adrian Peterson just recently found out he was the father of this child so I say good for him for making it to the hospital to say goodbye to the son he wasn't given the opportunity to be a father to from the start. So tired of people thinking they can have an opinion of how a person in the spot light is supposed to handle grief. A lot of people throw themselves into their work and keep on going when something like this happens and just because he makes more money doing it doesn't mean he's any different. Leave him and his family alone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN