Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How many missed appointments should be it?

I realize how precious appointments are, I do.  I understand how inconvenient and a what a waste of resources it is to have people who dont show up. I also know we, me specifically , are fallible

I had a horrible scare today.  I missed my ortho clinic appointment today.  When I made the appointment she explained their new policy to me.  The have the right to drop you after one.

I thought my goose was cooked.  I really dont know where else I would go. 

I called them right away and left a tearful apologetic message and she called me back and told me she was able to cancel the missed appointment in the system and they could reschedule.

I am Soooooo grateful.  I have been treated there for 30 yrs.  I would be lost without them. 

So how many times should aa person be allowed to miss appointments before being blacklisted?  Even hair/nail appointment.  Anytime you waste someones time they could say thats it...

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Replies (41-50):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:05 AM
I think 2 is fair. Sometimes people miss things due to forces out of their control. I think a second chance is fair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Quoting SWasson:

If it's a new patient/client for a non-essential service, I can see having a policy of banning the client if they missed an appointment, but if it's someone you've been seeing for many years, you judge them on their overall record, rather than just enforce a blanket policy.

Now with this, I agree.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I think like 2. Why? I don't know it just seems reasonable. I think for people who have to go weekly or something they should get a reboot after a year or so.
MikeysMom22
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Sometimes you don't know 24 hours ahead that you can't make an appt. when it is supposed to be. Other people get sick, you get sick, another emergency can happen. The morning of should be fine if there is a valid reason. Have only totally forgotten  maybe a handful of times in my life.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I think the more clientel you alienate with obnoxious policies might be directly related to how long your practice survives before bankruptcy...

... you'd have to be pretty sure of your continuous supply of new clients if you have a policy this punitive...

1Giovanni
by Becca on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Where we go they don't drop you they charge you 30 dollars. One time I completely forgot about my sons appointment. I was so upset but because we have been going for years they knew it wasnt all the time accordance they didn't charge me.
SkellyBird
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I'm a hairstylist and usually after the third missed appointment I won't rebook them.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I think missing it once in 30 years and them threatening to kick you out of the program is ridiculous. 

SkellyBird
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I'm ready for my client the moment their appointment is scheduled(I'm a hairstylist). 15 minutes late puts me behind when I book 45 minutes for a haircut. It makes the whole day fall behind

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

With hair and nail appts I feel their should be some wiggle room because a great deal of time they don't actually start doing your hair at the appt time.Sort of the same with the dr's office but either way with medical appts those should be gone to and i understand if people forget but its the habitual people who need to be black listed.

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:34 PM

This is a clinic .  I say that in the sense of a for the low income patient, you see residents unless you are a complicated patient, clinic.  I am sure they have no issues with acquiring their patient base.

Quoting LindaClement:

I think the more clientel you alienate with obnoxious policies might be directly related to how long your practice survives before bankruptcy...

... you'd have to be pretty sure of your continuous supply of new clients if you have a policy this punitive...

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)