Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How many missed appointments should be it?

I realize how precious appointments are, I do.  I understand how inconvenient and a what a waste of resources it is to have people who dont show up. I also know we, me specifically , are fallible

I had a horrible scare today.  I missed my ortho clinic appointment today.  When I made the appointment she explained their new policy to me.  The have the right to drop you after one.

I thought my goose was cooked.  I really dont know where else I would go. 

I called them right away and left a tearful apologetic message and she called me back and told me she was able to cancel the missed appointment in the system and they could reschedule.

I am Soooooo grateful.  I have been treated there for 30 yrs.  I would be lost without them. 

So how many times should aa person be allowed to miss appointments before being blacklisted?  Even hair/nail appointment.  Anytime you waste someones time they could say thats it...

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Replies (51-59):
stormcris
by Christy on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Most do that here. I think it is better when they charge a fee for a missed appointment.

Mommabearbergh
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Not all hairstylist are as on time as you are.

Quoting SkellyBird:

I'm ready for my client the moment their appointment is scheduled(I'm a hairstylist). 15 minutes late puts me behind when I book 45 minutes for a haircut. It makes the whole day fall behind

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

With hair and nail appts I feel their should be some wiggle room because a great deal of time they don't actually start doing your hair at the appt time.Sort of the same with the dr's office but either way with medical appts those should be gone to and i understand if people forget but its the habitual people who need to be black listed.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Hm... very confident that this news won't get around, I'm thinking...

It's kind of abusive, frankly.

Quoting survivorinohio:

This is a clinic .  I say that in the sense of a for the low income patient, you see residents unless you are a complicated patient, clinic.  I am sure they have no issues with acquiring their patient base.

Quoting LindaClement:

I think the more clientel you alienate with obnoxious policies might be directly related to how long your practice survives before bankruptcy...

... you'd have to be pretty sure of your continuous supply of new clients if you have a policy this punitive...

SkellyBird
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:38 PM

That's unfortunate, I don't like to keep people waiting.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Not all hairstylist are as on time as you are.

Quoting SkellyBird:

I'm ready for my client the moment their appointment is scheduled(I'm a hairstylist). 15 minutes late puts me behind when I book 45 minutes for a haircut. It makes the whole day fall behind

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

With hair and nail appts I feel their should be some wiggle room because a great deal of time they don't actually start doing your hair at the appt time.Sort of the same with the dr's office but either way with medical appts those should be gone to and i understand if people forget but its the habitual people who need to be black listed.

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I know it was my responsibility to be there but I cant express the mental state I was in waiting to hear if I d been "fired" lol

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting survivorinohio:

This is a clinic .  I say that in the sense of a for the low income patient, you see residents unless you are a complicated patient, clinic.  I am sure they have no issues with acquiring their patient base.

Quoting LindaClement:

I think the more clientel you alienate with obnoxious policies might be directly related to how long your practice survives before bankruptcy...

... you'd have to be pretty sure of your continuous supply of new clients if you have a policy this punitive...

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Bethsunshine
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

One appointment?  That is crazy.  I can see charging your for missed appointments but dropping you entirely?   

So does that mean they are going to compensate you when they are running 2 hours behind schedule and you have to sit there and wait?

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Stressful!

Quoting survivorinohio:

I know it was my responsibility to be there but I cant express the mental state I was in waiting to hear if I d been "fired" lol

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting LindaClement:

Sister_Someone
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM

My vote is 2. Once is an honest mistake, twice is a pattern.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Agreed.

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

One appointment?  That is crazy.  I can see charging your for missed appointments but dropping you entirely?   

So does that mean they are going to compensate you when they are running 2 hours behind schedule and you have to sit there and wait?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)