Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What is your area of expertise?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:09 AM
  • 146 Replies
2 moms liked this

I dont know that I am an expert on anything but I feel my life has yielded a wealth of information in a lot of areas.  I feel like a jack of all, master of none :)  I do continue to learn :)

What area do you feel you have the most information in?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM
4 moms liked this

I am learning every day that I know less and less about things for which I once believed I knew a great deal. 

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:36 AM
2 moms liked this

That old saying" the older I get the smarter my parents get."

I really know my dogs. Other than that, I know enough to be dangerous.

tanyainmizzou
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Something totally useful in all walks of life.

The role of the foods and drinks of the New World and how they shaped the culture of Regency and Victorian England in the 19th century British novel.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Spreadsheets and budgets. That is my favorite thing to do and I'm great at it. And I am a huge geek, and I embrace it.
kidlover2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I know just enough about a lot of things. But I don't know everything about most things.
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this

The older I get the more I realize I don't know a whole lot. That's wisdom right? 

I feel like I know about about gem stones and rocks and metal. Partially because of my interest in it and working for a jewelry store for as long as I did. 

I also have a degree in Sociology and my background is also in Anthropology. I feel like I have a *decent* understanding of humanity. We as a species. Homo Sapians. I'm no where near an expert though. 

I have a friend who would rather call me with a question than use google. He thinks I'm the smartest person he knows because I read so much. And I do. I have no idea how many books I've read but it's a lot. I just keep telling him he needs to expand his social circle. 

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I took some accounting years ago and I know how to do macros on old school excel (think black screen DOS based) lol..  I will say that that kind of work really made time fly for me. 

Quoting LauraKW:

Spreadsheets and budgets. That is my favorite thing to do and I'm great at it. And I am a huge geek, and I embrace it.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I read a book about that!! What Charles Dickens ate and Jane Austen Knew. It was a fascinating book. 

Quoting tanyainmizzou:

Something totally useful in all walks of life.

The role of the foods and drinks of the New World and how they shaped the culture of Regency and Victorian England in the 19th century British novel.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

That sounds hot. I like dangerous women. 

Quoting dawnie1:

That old saying" the older I get the smarter my parents get."

I really know my dogs. Other than that, I know enough to be dangerous.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this
I know a lot about the restaurant business and event planning and marketing. I have fallen into that as a career and have done it all in those areas, and over the past 25 years have also made a ton of mistakes that have taught me plenty. Lol
I know a lot about English lit and anthropology since I studied that in college and after.
In both areas I have a lot to learn still.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN