Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Miley's twerking isn't out twerking.

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM
  • 66 Replies

The Twerk Team, the sister act of Lady Lucious and Mizz Twerksum, are online sensations who have taught a generation to Twerk through their YouTube videos. When asked if they feel Miley has stolen or otherwise tarnished their sunshine by rubbing herself all over twerking, they said:

“We don’t feel any way about it but I feel like people want us to. Our whole movement is about girl power, so if you’re black, white or Asian you can twerk. But Miley Cyrus twerking is not our twerking. She’s just a fan who is showing it to a whole different ethnic group, you have to give her her props for that.”

They went on to say that “[y]ou can’t mention twerk without the official Twerk Team. Our shows were good before Miley Cyrus said anything about Twerk.” Which, true. [Madame Noire]

What do you think?

I thought that twerking was funny and tried it out myself for fun.  But honestly I think that twerking just needs to die already.  Why can't we get back to real dancing?  The days where you had to have more talent than just shaking your ass.

Like Rita Hayworth and Fred Astaire

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wicked.Jester
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:15 PM
4 moms liked this

I wonder what could have happened if they had put all the effort it took into mastering the many ways of shaking their ass into something more productive.

Say like....school.

PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Who needs school when you can make it clap?

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

I wonder what could have happened if they had put all the effort it took into mastering the many ways of shaking their ass into something more productive.

Say like....school.

Wicked.Jester
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM

You know, I cannot argue with that.

All those years in college wasted, I should have just learned that.

Damn.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

Say like....school.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Miley wishes she could move her butt like that.
PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Gotta get dem dolla dolla bills!

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

You know, I cannot argue with that.

All those years in college wasted, I should have just learned that.

Damn.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

Say like....school.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:40 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm just happy that 'dancing' no longer means doing everything he does, backwards and in blood-filled high heels.

I am always amused at the head-shaking about ... oh, Elvis, saxophones, dancing while touching... it goes back in time a long way, this tut-tutting of 'bad, time-wasting, morally degenerate' whatever.

What I most notice is that the tutters are showing their age. Whatever their parents tutted about was silly and harmless fun, but whatever their children are coming up into is seriously dangerous evil.

Yeah. Whatever.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:55 PM
3 moms liked this
Quoting kailu1835:

First, she'd have to get an actual butt instead of that chicken ass she has.....
AlekD
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think twerking is about "girl power"

PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I am 29 years old and I definitely see something wrong with twerking being considered dancing.  That is right up there with daggering being called dancing.  Google that one and then come back to me and tell me that I am just tutting like an old woman.

Quoting LindaClement:

I'm just happy that 'dancing' no longer means doing everything he does, backwards and in blood-filled high heels.

I am always amused at the head-shaking about ... oh, Elvis, saxophones, dancing while touching... it goes back in time a long way, this tut-tutting of 'bad, time-wasting, morally degenerate' whatever.

What I most notice is that the tutters are showing their age. Whatever their parents tutted about was silly and harmless fun, but whatever their children are coming up into is seriously dangerous evil.

Yeah. Whatever.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, exactly!

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting kailu1835:

First, she'd have to get an actual butt instead of that chicken ass she has.....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN