Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

EBT is down

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:10 PM
  • 217 Replies

Daughter just called from work to tell me.  So what do you think will happen?  

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM

She said they  had several meat packages done today and now they wont be sold.  They work in fresh meat not frozen so that will hurt them.  The ripple effect will be huge if this is long lasting.

lilblu399
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Is it due to the shutdown or just a glitch in the system? When I worked at a grocery store, the system would go down sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetaspie630
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Is it down everywhere or just your town?
romalove
by Roma on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I don't know what this is?

Wicked.Jester
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Foodstamps

Quoting romalove:

romalove
by Roma on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

Foodstamps

Quoting romalove:

I got confused because of the meat thing she said after this, I thought it was PA related.

Wicked.Jester
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM
5 moms liked this

I have heard nothing in the news about this.  If this was taken down it would be all over the place.

And it would be purely a choice by the President to do this.  Federal taxes havent stopped being taken out of my paycheck.  So there is money going into the Government every single day.

So the "shutdown" is really a bunch of crap to begin with, there is so much of the Government still running that everything that DOES get shut down is done so by design to get people riled up.

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Shop keeper up the road said it was about the shutdown.  The business where my daughter works cannot get through to anyone

Quoting lilblu399:

Is it due to the shutdown or just a glitch in the system? When I worked at a grocery store, the system would go down sometimes.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

MommyDearest__
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Oh hell no. Let me find out, I'm going to cuss someone out. Lmao
darciegenito
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

If EBT weren't working because of the government shutdown, it would be all over the news with the amount of people who use it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)