Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

ebt down in most states

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM
  • 64 Replies
I live in Ga. The ebt system is down here. I was told it is in most states. Online services and phone services are down too from what I was told.
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetaspie630
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:53 PM

All down here in Ohio too....

slgilliam
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Not here in KS. I just checked my balance online and used my card last night and this morning.

sweetaspie630
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Check again. It went down about noon. A lot of people used it this morning, then BOOM.
Quoting slgilliam:

Not here in KS. I just checked my balance online and used my card last night and this morning.

slgilliam
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I don't need too. I just checked while all these posts were being made and replied to less than 5 mins ago. And it's just now noon here.

Quoting sweetaspie630:

Check again. It went down about noon. A lot of people used it this morning, then BOOM.
Quoting slgilliam:

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:03 PM

How is it possible that EBT is down in most states and it isn't in the news?  This has to be a very temporary glitch with the processor.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:04 PM

That's what I am thinking as well. 

Quoting quickbooksworm:

How is it possible that EBT is down in most states and it isn't in the news?  This has to be a very temporary glitch with the processor.

sweetaspie630
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM
If it was just the processor, then the machines go down. The websites are down, AND the phone lines are down too. That is not good. br />
Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I do books for a store that accepts EBT.  They are given fair warning they have to post if the processor is planning a maintenance or something, even when it will only be down for an hour.  My state switched processors and EBT was down for a day, but it was posted for like a month in advance.  But it's my understanding the processing is chosen and paid on the state level.  And even if the bill weren't paid the state is still under contract and so is the processor so shutting it off for non payment would not happen.  Funds wouldn't be not dispersed without any warning, and even if that happened people with a balance on their card would still be able to pay. 

If either of those things were happening or were going to happen, it would be blowing up the news.  And with as many people as use food stamps, the economy would take a hit whether people want to believe that or not.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

CountryMomma123
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I live in Florida and the site here is working fine. I just got back from the store not but 30 mins ago and used my card with no problem.
Quoting gapeach79:

I live in Ga. The ebt system is down here. I was told it is in most states. Online services and phone services are down too from what I was told.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Oh I believe it. They are still purchasing goods and services, so it absolutely will affect it.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I do books for a store that accepts EBT.  They are given fair warning they have to post if the processor is planning a maintenance or something, even when it will only be down for an hour.  My state switched processors and EBT was down for a day, but it was posted for like a month in advance.  But it's my understanding the processing is chosen and paid on the state level.  And even if the bill weren't paid the state is still under contract and so is the processor so shutting it off for non payment would not happen.  Funds wouldn't be not dispersed without any warning, and even if that happened people with a balance on their card would still be able to pay. 

If either of those things were happening or were going to happen, it would be blowing up the news.  And with as many people as use food stamps, the economy would take a hit whether people want to believe that or not.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN