Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

11 Heartbreaking Messages From Syrian Refugees To The World

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

1. In September, American photographers Robert Fogarty and Benjamin Reece, photographed Syrian refugees living in a camp in Jordan.

In September, American photographers Robert Fogarty and Benjamin Reece, photographed Syrian refugees living in a camp in Jordan.

Huda was burnt when her house in Syria was hit by a bomb. She now lives in the Zaatari refugee camp in northern Jordan. She is 11.

2. Fogarty’s Dear World project, which started with photographic love notes to New Orleans, captures people sharing messages of their struggles and hopes to family, friends and strangers.

Fogarty's Dear World project, which started with photographic love notes to New Orleans, captures people sharing messages of their struggles and hopes to family, friends and strangers.

3. More than 2 million Syrians have been forced out of the country since the civil war began two years ago.

More than 2 million Syrians have been forced out of the country since the civil war began two years ago.

4. Around 6,000 Syrians are being forced to escape from their country every day.

Around 6,000 Syrians are being forced to escape from their country every day.

5. More than half of all Syrian refugees are under the age of 18.

More than half of all Syrian refugees are under the age of 18.

6. More than 5 million Syrians will be forced to flee their country by the end of 2014, according to the United Nations.

More than 5 million Syrians will be forced to flee their country by the end of 2014, according to the United Nations.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9                                                   My Blog

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AlekD
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:44 PM

7. This is the worst refugee crisis since the Rwandan genocide 20 years ago.

This is the worst refugee crisis since the Rwandan genocide 20 years ago.

8. At least 120,000 Syrians now live in Jordan’s Zaatari camp, making it the country’s fourth largest city.

At least 120,000 Syrians now live in Jordan's Zaatari camp , making it the country’s fourth largest city.

9. Most refugees live in appalling conditions lacking basic food, shelter and medicines.

Most refugees live in appalling conditions lacking basic food, shelter and medicines.

10. “We hope these pictures with their simple messages make the world sit up and take notice,” said Salam Kanaan, the director for CARE, a global humanitarian organization assisting Syrian refugees.

"We hope these pictures with their simple messages make the world sit up and take notice," said Salam Kanaan, the director for CARE, a global humanitarian organization assisting Syrian refugees.

11. Fogarty said: “This is the human face of the Syrian war. These people are just like us. They have dreams and fears. They want to protect their families, have a roof over their head and have hopes for a brighter tomorrow.”

Fogarty said: "This is the human face of the Syrian war. These people are just like us. They have dreams and fears. They want to protect their families, have a roof over their head and have hopes for a brighter tomorrow."

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Heart breaking...

AlekD
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:38 PM

This made me cry..

heavenV
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM
:(
muslimah
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:38 AM

It's no different than most refugee camps. I am not a Bashar hafez al-Asaad supporter, I hate him. he is killing my kind of Muslims off one by one but he is secular and for over 30 years the people Muslim, Christian, and Jewish have been protected under him and his father before him due to the fact that he is secular like Saddam was.

Under Bashar the ones who are suffering the most are my people the Sunnis. The Christians, Shiah Muslims, and the Jewish had more rights than my people did. Now nobody is safe is because it is civil war and it is no longer just civil was but the country has become so vulnerable that allot off terrorist cells and organizations have taken advantage of Syria at their weakest point and have moved in for the fight for control.

The Christians are supporting him and trying to keep him in rule because they have their rights as long as he is president.

Subhan Allah ( سبحان الله )"Glory be to Allah"
 Alhamdulillah ( الحمدللہ )"All Praise to Allah"
 Allahu Akbar ( الله اكبر )"Allah is the Greatest"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)