Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Halloween costume in progress

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM
  • 13 Replies

K is going as a minion this year. I need to fgure out how to get a G on the bib of his overalls and make the glasses but it is finally coming together:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fireangel5
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you make the G out of material and iron or sew it on?  I'll have to google a pic. My kids are older so I feel out of the loop with the new kid movies lol 

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice!

stormcris
by Christy on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Have any swim goggles you don't mind using...you can put find big rings to go on top of those wrap them in duct tape and secure them. Cut the G our of felt and glue or pin. Just a thought to share some ideas 

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks:) I l8ke that idea for the G - it would allow me to re-use the overalls if I pin it on. I bought $.99 glasses this weekend that I will pop the lenses out of and wrap in duct tape for the glasses but I like your ideas on that, too.

Quoting stormcris:

Have any swim goggles you don't mind using...you can put find big rings to go on top of those wrap them in duct tape and secure them. Cut the G our of felt and glue or pin. Just a thought to share some ideas 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rfurlongg
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I cannot rotate on my ph, but these are my minions so far. I will be adding pipe cleaner for the hair and I bought some G logo decals from amazon that I will iron on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks:) I am going to have DH make the logo in Photoshop and cut it out in felt to pin on his bib but you have inspired me:)

Quoting fireangel5:

Can you make the G out of material and iron or sew it on?  I'll have to google a pic. My kids are older so I feel out of the loop with the new kid movies lol 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Awesome, thank you for sharing!! How are you going to attach the pipe cleaners?

Quoting rfurlongg:

I cannot rotate on my ph, but these are my minions so far. I will be adding pipe cleaner for the hair and I bought some G logo decals from amazon that I will iron on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rfurlongg
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Hot glue gun. I will just put newspaper on the inside and one side at a time. The goggles are actually aviator glasses.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting rfurlongg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Phase 2. He will never allow me to wrap goggles around his head so glasses are the next best thing. Phase 3 will be hair and I have to find a string to gather the neck closed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:54 PM
They look amazing!! I do not have a hot glue gun but will probably need one again in the future so maybe I will go buy one:)

Quoting rfurlongg:

Hot glue gun. I will just put newspaper on the inside and one side at a time. The goggles are actually aviator glasses.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting rfurlongg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)