Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Getting fit. Help for those that hate exercise or certain types. A confession. I NEED HELP!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay. I hate most exercise. I don't run. Hate it. I danced my entire life until I had my second daughter, and haven't really gone back since. Love dance. Next to my family, it is my heart and soul. I miss it terribly. 

FF 8 years and my husband is a runner. He is training for a Triatholon. Eventually he wants to do Iron Man. He really wants me to run with him, but I hate it!!! He has spent every deployment working and training because that is all there is to do. He came home yesterday looking awesome. Like seriously hot. Lol 

It made me feel absolutely useless, unattractive, and yucky. I am proud of him and support him in every way, but I know he wants me to be a part of this in some fashion. I'd love to do a 5k with him, or a mud run. It would help our relationship and if I managed it, I'd feel awesome about myself. Right now? I feel like total shit. 

I don't know how to start. Even when I was in the best shape of my life, I couldn't run to save my life. He doesn't understand why I hate it so much and it irritates him. It annoys me he can't understand why I hate running. It's painful. My hips are shot from years of ballet, my shin splints kick up when I try. It sucks. I could dance all day and be fine. I might deal with shin splints on occasion, but not to the degree I do if I try and run. 

Soooooo. You fitness people. Give me a starting point. I really want to do this for myself and family, I just don't know how to start. I deal in techniques. Is there a technique to running properly? What do I do? Tomorrow is our 15th Anniversary and I bought running shoes as his present. I know more than anything he wants us to do this together and as a family, but if I give them to him, I better be ready to back it up and I'm freaking out!!! HELP PLEASE!!! 

And thanks in advance. ;) 

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Replies (61-62):
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Starting couch to 5k in the Evening tomorrow, or today as it is now, when it's actually cool. I'm excited but kind of nervous. My Hubbs always expects more. Lol running is his thing, I'm just starting. ;) pray for me, send good thoughts, light a candle. I'm going to need it all. 

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:16 AM

You can do this!!  Happy thoughts and prayers coming your way!

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Starting couch to 5k in the Evening tomorrow, or today as it is now, when it's actually cool. I'm excited but kind of nervous. My Hubbs always expects more. Lol running is his thing, I'm just starting. ;) pray for me, send good thoughts, light a candle. I'm going to need it all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)