Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Who Hurt Glenn Beck?

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 102 Replies
1 mom liked this

When children are abused by adults who are supposed to be caring for and nurturing them, they lose faith in humanity. They don't trust people. They see the world as a very unsafe, scary place. And saddest of all, they don't see themselves as worth a damn.

Glenn Beck says children don't have rights. If they think they do, things are going to get really bad for them.

Well, kids do have rights. They have the right to be kids and have their needs met. The right to be loved, cherished and nurtured.

And they have the right to see the world as a safe place, starting with their own parents.

Around the dinner table.

I don't know who raised Glenn Beck, or how they raised him. But you only need to look at the man's eyes to see his fear. The fear of a small child.

In my opinion, this man is mentally ill. Delusional. Narcissistic. Paranoid.

Here's part of his tirade:

Ask your kids tonight at dinner, "What gives you the right?" Challenge them. Get in their face.
You talk about, "I've got rights, you know." Really? Who issues them? Teach 'em a lesson. Push 'em! Well, they're gonna cry, it's gonna hurt their feelings. Well, push 'em!

Because if you don't do it now, it's going to be much worse when they're pushed and they're shoved and they're shot. Push them! Teach them! The need to know the truth and they need to be pushed up against the wall once in awhile so they know they can defend themselves. They know they can survive! They don't run around like little girls crying at the drop of a hat! Push 'em!

And dangerous.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/10/11/glenn_beck_s_parenting_advice_yell_at_and_push_your_kids_to_teach_them_about.html

by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM
5 moms liked this

It sounds to me like he was raised by the kind of parents he is telling us to be with our own children. No thank you. I respect my child. I want him to respect me, not fear me. Many people don't get that respect and fear are not one and the same. Sure, you can beat your child into fearing you. But they will never respect you.

MentorMom1
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Well said!!!

Quoting cjsbmom:

It sounds to me like he was raised by the kind of parents he is telling us to be with our own children. No thank you. I respect my child. I want him to respect me, not fear me. Many people don't get that respect and fear are not one and the same. Sure, you can beat your child into fearing you. But they will never respect you.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:30 PM
3 moms liked this

I have this struggle with my own DH. He was raised by a father who would "spank" him for every little thing. And by spank I mean beat. DH will say things like he behaved because he knew what he'd get if he didn't. That's not respect. That's fear. IMO, if you have to teach your child to fear you, you're not using good parenting skills. 

Quoting MentorMom1:

Well said!!!

Quoting cjsbmom:

EmilysMom2010
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:37 PM
3 moms liked this
That guys a lunatic anyways.
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM
4 moms liked this

I believe this to be true and have been saying for quite some time

His family ought to be ashamed for not getting him help and instead exploiting his psychotic rants for money
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:41 PM
3 moms liked this

You want to know my unofficial diagnosis? He's bipolar with schizoid tendencies. 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

His family ought to be ashamed for not getting him help and instead exploiting his psychotic rants for money

jllcali
by Jane on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this
There is no need to hurt your child's feelings. Hurting any kid's feelings, especially your own kid's, is a dick move. Are they going to be upset when they don't get their way? Yes, they will. But there is a world of difference between not letting your kids have their way all the time and being a dick.
jllcali
by Jane on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:16 PM
7 moms liked this
My unofficial diagnosis is a severe case of jackassitis.

Quoting cjsbmom:

You want to know my unofficial diagnosis? He's bipolar with schizoid tendencies. 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

What has been with him and going after kids?  First pushing religion on them and now this?  I agree with the author of the article, something must have happened to him as a young kid to feel this way.

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:45 PM
9 moms liked this

First of all, one needs to have the entire segment to determine where he is coming from before making an uninformed decision.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)