Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Animal Testing: Why Not Pedophiles?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM
  • 73 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think we should testing on pedophiles?

Options:

Yes.

No.

I'm not sure. It's more complicated than that.

Yes. Hell, throw in murderers, too.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 62

View Results

I am currently having a debate about a picture I shared on FB.

I feel that when someone crosses that line, they have given up their humanity and should be treated as animals (or worse, actually).

My feelings are thusly (I just wanted to use that because it sounds cool =/):

Quote:

Why do we hurt cute little bunnies in the name of things, but can't test on a person who destroyed a child's life?
IMO if you take away a person's childhood, you aren't human. To rape, molest, and or/harm a child is the worst thing in the world you can do. Children TRUST unknowingly. They believe you. They are the essence of innocence and if you kill something that is so pure, I think a bit of makeup testing is fine by me.

Or medical. Whatever. If a pedo's balls shrivel up because a medicine backfires, I'd still sleep great tonight.

My friend responded:

Quote:

Morals are not tested in times of comfort , but times of stress. The prohibition of "cruel and unusual punishment" is not hard to live by when punishing a shoplifter.....and it wasn't written for those times. When it comes to punishing a pedophile you are more temped to give up your morals. We must be ever aware of this and guard against it.

I would agree pedophiles don't have "human decency or morals" but our goal is not to stand on an equal moral footing as them, rather we should strive to have ethics beyond reproach.

What do you think?

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlekD
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:49 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't believe that anyone can "give up their humanity." Your friends response is very good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TAKate
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:51 PM

He is a very smart individual.

I just happen to disagree with him.

Quoting AlekD:

I don't believe that anyone can "give up their humanity." Your friends response is very good.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I agree with your friend.

ParanormalSarah
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Being a forensic psychologist means I work with pedophiles from time to time and as difficult as it may be at times, most are ill and others are compulsive. I believe they are still humans and if they willfully volunteer - then yes. However, our government DOES test on people everyday unwillingly, unknowingly and without their consent. Check out MK-Ultra for starters...

TAKate
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Why?

No, I am not bashing you or putting your opinion down. I'm just curious as the reason behind it.

Obviously, I am allowing my emotions into this. That's the type of person I am. Testing on people is morally wrong, I just honestly can't see myself getting upset if there was testing done on someone who raped a five year old.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

that is a despicable thing to say.
i understand that they have done a terrible thing... but... yikes... how much better does it make a so called "decent human being" to decide that using them as unwilling test subjects.  it never ceases to amaze me how willing people are to excuse themselves from being decent and humane people when it comes to exacting revenge.  ironic how some refuse to see that that kind of action/wish/thought makes them more similar to those they find revolting and more separate from the truly humane and decent.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Quoting TAKate:

Why?

No, I am not bashing you or putting your opinion down. I'm just curious as the reason behind it.

Obviously, I am allowing my emotions into this. That's the type of person I am. Testing on people is morally wrong, I just honestly can't see myself getting upset if there was testing done on someone who raped a five year old.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Oh, I understand the emotional side to something like this.  I do.

I just can't lower myself to the level necessary to feel okay with torturing another human being, regardless of their crimes.

I am against the DP as well, for similar reasons.  I witnessed an execution once.  It immediately opened my eyes to some one I just can't be.

TAKate
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

That is wrong. No one should be tested on without their consent.

But, if you broke the law for something as heinous as rape or murder, haven't you given up your rights? Aren't you put into prison because you have violated something so sacred?

So perhaps I should adjust my opinion: Maybe it should be taken on a case by case basis, because if they have no regret for what they have done, why should I feel bad if they are tested on?

Quoting ParanormalSarah:

Being a forensic psychologist means I work with pedophiles from time to time and as difficult as it may be at times, most are ill and others are compulsive. I believe they are still humans and if they willfully volunteer - then yes. However, our government DOES test on people everyday unwillingly, unknowingly and without their consent. Check out MK-Ultra for starters...

sweetaspie630
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:00 PM
4 moms liked this

I fully agree. If I had my way, all child molesters and abusers would be steralized without anesthisia, then left with the incisions wide open, tied in the sun to fire ant hills.

TAKate
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM

To be honest, I am not sure on the DP.

I think that killing a human is wrong, but if said person killed my child, I can not honestly say how I would feel.

I don't know if I'd want to see them dead or not.

I truly do not know if I am a strong enough person to forgive if someone stole away one of my children. Or stole away my child's youth, which is what happens when you force yourself on them.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting TAKate:

Why?

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Oh, I understand the emotional side to something like this.  I do.

I just can't lower myself to the level necessary to feel okay with torturing another human being, regardless of their crimes.

I am against the DP as well, for similar reasons.  I witnessed an execution once.  It immediately opened my eyes to some one I just can't be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN