Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O of fluff post: annoying neighbors

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM
  • 41 Replies

Do you have neighbors who drive you nuts? Let's entertain ourselves venting about it!

by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katy_kay08
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

We recently moved and overall have great neighbors.  There is one batch though that was a bit challenging.  I admit after finally filing the noise complaint against them they have been better.  Well quieter...still not a fan of his pot plants growing on the back porch.  

Aestas
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I have neighbors who party constantly. Day of the week doesn't matter. They get drunk and have loud, obnoxious drum circles on their front porch at 3am. I have to play white noise in dd's bedroom to keep it from waking her up (her windows are always open until it gets consistently cold because we have no a/c--closing them isn't an option). They have two kids under two over there, and you can hear them wake up crying in the middle of the night because it's too loud. Ugh.

Quoting katy_kay08:

We recently moved and overall have great neighbors.  There is one batch though that was a bit challenging.  I admit after finally filing the noise complaint against them they have been better.  Well quieter...still not a fan of his pot plants growing on the back porch.  

my4kids274
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
We moved a year ago and our new neighbors are awesome. We love where we live now.
hello_kitty25
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Our awesome neighbors just moved out today! Who knows what horrors await us..
Aestas
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM

LOL. My old neighbors were nice but were always having ridiculously loud sex (everyone around here leaves their windows open due to no a/c). Then they moved out and the horrible partiers I mentioned above moved in. *sigh*

Quoting hello_kitty25:

Our awesome neighbors just moved out today! Who knows what horrors await us..

katy_kay08
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds a bit like mine, minus the drum circles.  He would build a fire in his fire pit and would hang out and entertain his daughter and her college friends every night over the summer.  They would just sit there and get stoned and drunk getting louder and louder every night.  

One night my husband asked them to quiet down and the guy got mouthy.  I told him the choice was his he could quiet down or the cops would come visit.  He quieted down immediately (pretty sure the pot plants aren't medicinal in nature) and came over to apologize the next day.  Two days later it was back to the same old party.  

I let it go until 1 am when I finally made the call.  No warning this time around.  That was the last party.  

Quoting Aestas:

I have neighbors who party constantly. Day of the week doesn't matter. They get drunk and have loud, obnoxious drum circles on their front porch at 3am. I have to play white noise in dd's bedroom to keep it from waking her up (her windows are always open until it gets consistently cold because we have no a/c--closing them isn't an option). They have two kids under two over there, and you can hear them wake up crying in the middle of the night because it's too loud. Ugh.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Yep chain smokers that smoke right outsdie our window (connected town houses)) told them it effects my son's breathing and they just told me that they couldnt smoke out back because that is where their sons room is

Aestas
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM

My neighbors are pot heads too. I know because they talk about it, loudly. Besides the two little ones, there are a couple of older kids that seem to be there on the weekends sometimes--I'm guessing they came from a previous relationship. The kids are probably 8 and 12 or thereabouts, and the parents let them stay up to all hours while everyone parties.

I haven't called the cops yet because I really just want to live and let live, but they're so obnoxious and rude. Pretty sure one day I will have had enough and make the call.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Sounds a bit like mine, minus the drum circles.  He would build a fire in his fire pit and would hang out and entertain his daughter and her college friends every night over the summer.  They would just sit there and get stoned and drunk getting louder and louder every night.  

One night my husband asked them to quiet down and the guy got mouthy.  I told him the choice was his he could quiet down or the cops would come visit.  He quieted down immediately (pretty sure the pot plants aren't medicinal in nature) and came over to apologize the next day.  Two days later it was back to the same old party.  

I let it go until 1 am when I finally made the call.  No warning this time around.  That was the last party.  

Quoting Aestas:

Quoting katy_kay08:

katy_kay08
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:20 PM

One day the guy came up and told me that my kids refused him when he offered to buy them ice cream cones from the ice cream man.  I got he was trying to be friendly but I couldn't help do a silent cheer that my kids had registered "stranger danger" with this guy.  He seems nice enough but I don't like the general vibe I get off him.  

Quoting Aestas:

My neighbors are pot heads too. I know because they talk about it, loudly. Besides the two little ones, there are a couple of older kids that seem to be there on the weekends sometimes--I'm guessing they came from a previous relationship. The kids are probably 8 and 12 or thereabouts, and the parents let them stay up to all hours while everyone parties.

I haven't called the cops yet because I really just want to live and let live, but they're so obnoxious and rude. Pretty sure one day I will have had enough and make the call.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting Aestas:

Quoting katy_kay08:

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Nope. We live on a one way with houses only on one side of the street. Our south neighboe is 145yo so she pretty quiet. The other neighbors are really quiet and there are only 3 of them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured