Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is Miley Cyrus totallly off, or is she right on? I don't get her.

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Replies (11-20):
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:04 AM

So basically, she's not even being original. What a shocker. She can't even come up with her own "thing." 

Quoting stacymomof2:

Meh. She is trying to be shocking and cool. I agree she gets too much attention for it. I know what she is trying to do, it is a gogo dancer thing they did in the clubs a couple of years ago...yes even the tongue thing. One of the most popular gogo dancers that worked most of the big shows where I work had the same hair and outfits and twerking and toungue thing. She picked it up from other bigger shows she worked. Miley is just doing that thing. But two years later. So it's not even shocking anymore.

inmybizz
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

We get it already, Miley...Hanna Montana is dead.. She making money and doing her thing but I am tired of the tongue, nudity & twerking thing..Madonna and Lady Gaga own their scandalous behavior..I don't quite buy Miley's act yet..

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

She's definitely trying to hard and her "I do what I want!" attitude is tiresome and juvenile.  But whatever, she's allowed to make her own decisions, I just would like her to own up to her choices if the bottom drops out.  

I like the "Wrecking Ball" song a lot but refuse to watch the video, lol. 

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol nope. Not original. That look and attitude is passé now. Those teddy bears and crap at that one performance were the thing last year. Club girls would wear big foam animal heads with underwear and combat boots. And twerk. Lol I remember thinking wtf? But it was part of the electronic music/festie/new rave scene.

Quoting cjsbmom:

So basically, she's not even being original. What a shocker. She can't even come up with her own "thing." 

Quoting stacymomof2:

Meh. She is trying to be shocking and cool. I agree she gets too much attention for it. I know what she is trying to do, it is a gogo dancer thing they did in the clubs a couple of years ago...yes even the tongue thing. One of the most popular gogo dancers that worked most of the big shows where I work had the same hair and outfits and twerking and toungue thing. She picked it up from other bigger shows she worked. Miley is just doing that thing. But two years later. So it's not even shocking anymore.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM

That's funny, because one of her biggest defenses when the shit hit the fan over her performance was that she was just being "original." Nope. Guess she can't even do that right. LOL

Quoting stacymomof2:

Lol nope. Not original. That look and attitude is passé now. Those teddy bears and crap at that one performance were the thing last year. Club girls would wear big foam animal heads with underwear and combat boots. And twerk. Lol I remember thinking wtf? But it was part of the electronic music/festie/new rave scene.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting stacymomof2:

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm out of touch. I like rock, and people who write and play their own stuff. This kind of music, I just don't follow it or people like Miley. I'm officially old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm old with you, then. I can't listen to this kind of crap. And rap music? Don't even get me started on whether I think that should even be classifed as real music. 

Quoting shannonnigans:

I'm out of touch. I like rock, and people who write and play their own stuff. This kind of music, I just don't follow it or people like Miley. I'm officially old.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't really care.

doomshroom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I get it. She had to kill Hannah Montana. She was trying to make a statement, reinvent herself, and get people talking, and she did just that. I'm not a fan, but I get it.
pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I find it quite embarrassing when researching International papers, all I can find is her photo with her tongue hanging out.......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN