Kids Say The
Darnedest Creepiest Things
Just in time for Halloween, we have the latest list of â€śThe Creepiest Things Ever Said By Kids.â€ť The compendium of childrenâ€™s creepy comments comes from Dan Pearce. Dan is the brains behind a blog site called Single Dad Laughing. Heâ€™s been collecting and sharing the creepy and funny things said by kids to their parents and posting them online.
Just how creepy are the statements from the little ones? This one caught our eye.
- â€śMommy, thereâ€™s a kid covered in blood in my bedroom and he wonâ€™t go away.â€ť
Many of the posts have kids talking to parents about odd visions at night or a spooky connection to people who have passed on. We have combed through Danâ€™s various lists and selected a few of the creepiest and have posted them below (in no particular order). You are invited to share the creepy/funny things from your little ones in the comments section below or on Danâ€™s Single Dad Laughing Facebook page.
Apparently, lots of little ones have the ability to communicate with the dead:
- When my son was three he told me that he really likes his new daddy, heâ€™s really nice. My husband is his one and only daddy. I asked â€śWhy is that?â€ť He replied â€śMy old daddy was really mean. He stabbed me in the back and I died. But I really like my new daddy, heâ€™d never do that to me.â€ť
- Growing up I was taught that my grandmotherâ€™s name was Loretta. It was not until her funeral that I learned from her tombstone that her actual name was Ono. She passed away in the back room in my parents house. My son, who was three at the time used to play in the empty room. One day out of nowhere he told my mother and I, â€śOno is in her room, she wants to talk to you!â€ť He had no way of knowing that her name was Ono, he called her Memaw!
- Every night my daughter waits until I shut her door and whispers â€śno baby, itâ€™s bedtime. I donâ€™t want to feel your water head anymoreâ€ť. My daughter doesnâ€™t know that before we bought the house, there was a baby in the family that only lived a few months due to no bone formation in her head. Also due to the time of this event, the baby was never named. They just called her â€śBaby.â€ť
- My three year old has never met his great grandfather (he died three years before he was born). He tells me all the time that his Papa comes to see him while he sleeps. He has described exactly what he looks like, smells like (old beer and cigarettes) and wears. His great grandma died this winter and I brought her a macaroni necklace made by him in the hospital and she was buried in it. The next night he told me that Papa came while he was sleeping and brought his Grandma and she was wearing his macaroni necklace. He didnâ€™t know I brought it to her.
- My son was crying in bed at 3 am and tells us he is afraid because there is a man in his bed. We ask him about the man and tell him to ask the man to go away. The following day he tells us the manâ€™s name is Frankâ€¦my husbandâ€™s uncle who died the night before. Also later that week we were driving along in our van in complete silence and my son said â€śFrankâ€™s here.â€ť
- As I was driving one day my then four year old son looked down a road and said â€śMommy, thatâ€™s where the dead passâ€ť. I almost drove off the road.
- My four year old daughter said in distress while shaking her new stuffed animalâ€¦ â€śtalk to me, why wonâ€™t you talk to meâ€¦all of the others do?â€ť
And then there are the statements that just make you wonder if the kid has really seen something:
- My 4 year old shook me awake one night and asked if she could sleep with me because tonight the old woman at the window was being mean for some reason.
- My brother was giving all the kids candy. One of my daughterâ€™s friends was over and my brother asked her, â€śyou want some candy little girl?â€ť She said, â€śyouâ€™re supposed to be behind a bush when you say thatâ€ť
Finally, we offer a few that fall into the â€ścuteâ€ť category. Stuff that kids say or do that you can actually bring up at the parent-teacher meetings without being worried about getting a visit from Child Protective Services.
- My child comes into the house with a baby gecko latched onto his finger. He proudly says â€śLook Mom he likes my finger.â€ť I say â€śGet him out before he gets loose in the houseâ€ť My 3yr old then says â€śNo. Iâ€™m going to put him in the drawer with all the baby frogs.â€ť â€śWhat drawer has all the baby frogs in it?â€ť â€śUmmmmâ€¦the one in your closet.â€ť he says. I recovered 3 baby frogs from my bathing suit drawer.
- My five year old son once looked up at me while we were watching a movie and said, â€śI think I remember coming out of your no-no.â€ť
- My 7-year-old son asked me, â€śSo, Mom, when Iâ€™m 41 like you, how old will you be?â€ť I replied, â€śIâ€™ll be 75.â€ť Without missing a beat, my 5-year-old daughter added, â€śOr dead.â€ť
- Last week i asked my kids what they wanted for Christmas. My son said â€śFor Christmas i want you to live foreverâ€ť then my daughter says â€śIâ€™d rather have a pink ipod.â€ť
Please share the cute or creepy things from your little ones below.