Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

People like you just need to move!

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 54 Replies
2 moms liked this

I was recently told this in a post.  It was a post on abortion where the person basically told me that freaks like me are ruining this great nation and I should just leave before I ruin it anymore.

I think that this mentality is sad.  America is great because we are able to unite despite the differences we have.  Granted that diversity comes with some pains as we have seen with the recent shut down but all in all I love this country, and served for 9 years in its military, because I believe that we are strong due to our differnces.  If we would learn to actually work together more and see that everyone has something of value to offer maybe then we wouldn't have the issues we are currently facing.

What are your thoughts?

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:49 AM
4 moms liked this

I have never been a fan of the whole "love it or leave it" mentality. When you don't like something, you fight to change it. You don't turn tail and run. Some people just don't get that. They think if you can't get on board with what *they* want, then you can just get out. Sorry, a democracy doesn't work that way. 

Chelsey191
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I think America needs real help. Way too many selfish and self centred people.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Ignore 

PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I think that the big issue though is that the "us vs. them" mentality is so strong in this country that there are people who honestly believe that the only way to make it better is for the "others" to be kicked out.  I wonder sometimes if people learned team work, cooperation and the middle ground in elementary school.  I know I did.

Quoting cjsbmom:

I have never been a fan of the whole "love it or leave it" mentality. When you don't like something, you fight to change it. You don't turn tail and run. Some people just don't get that. They think if you can't get on board with what *they* want, then you can just get out. Sorry, a democracy doesn't work that way. 

PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I usually do.  I just found the way the comment was worded to be very telling of that persons mindset and just wondered what others thought of it.  I am sure there are some here who would agree with her. 

Quoting Sisteract:

Ignore 

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Quoting Chelsey191:

I think America needs real help. Way too many selfish and self centred people.

Absolutely.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Some people don't seem interested in teamwork anymore. It's all about them and what is best for them as an individual. That is a lot of what is wrong with this country.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

I think that the big issue though is that the "us vs. them" mentality is so strong in this country that there are people who honestly believe that the only way to make it better is for the "others" to be kicked out.  I wonder sometimes if people learned team work, cooperation and the middle ground in elementary school.  I know I did.

Quoting cjsbmom:

KatLee42513
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree but you are kind of a hyprpcrit. Not everyone has your opinion so maybe learn to listen to others opinions & attempt t understand before bashing. I've read a few threads you've been in
AlekD
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think people with different opinions should have to move, but I am annoyed by people who hate things enough to complain but not enough to do anything about it. When people do nothing but whine all the time I do wonder why they even want to stay. 

idunno1234
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM
6 moms liked this

I have never read her anywhere telling anyone that they should just leave the country if they disagree with her.

She wasn't stating that everyone has to agree, she was just stating that no one really has a right to tell others to leave the US because they don't think a certain way.

And I suppose I shouldn't be speaking for her since she is perfectly capable of speaking for herself but it just seems obvious to me.

Quoting KatLee42513:

I agree but you are kind of a hyprpcrit. Not everyone has your opinion so maybe learn to listen to others opinions & attempt t understand before bashing. I've read a few threads you've been in

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN