Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Illegals and Obamacare

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:47 PM
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, if all Americans are now required to buy health insurance or pay a fine, does thes also pertain to all the illegals in this country?  Or do they continue to get get free healthcare?? While citizens pay for the public hospitals with their taxes, plus higher ins premiums to cover the subsidies for others. Middle class Americans are about to get the double whammy. I have yet to hear ANYONE address this issue of illegals. If all Americans have health ins there is no longer a need to fund these public hospitals because all citizens would have coverage. If illegals go to these hospitals for services, fine, but then they need to pay up front for their care. These hospitals should no longer get ANY tax payer money. What are your thoughts??  Seriously, interested how financially this will work. 

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I read in an article this morning that non-citizens are exempt from paying the penalty for non-coverage. That is all I know for sure. 

Wanna join? Click the pic!

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:31 PM
That's a good question. The ACA isn't the solution, it's the starting point.
LucylucyM
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:40 PM
4 moms liked this

So stick it to tax paying citizens but if you are here illegally you get a pass. AGAIN.

Makes sense. SMH. 

.Bubbles.
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I hadn't thought about how this all effects illegals.
thetrollcat
by iluv2meow on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM

they are special, so they dont require anything in the USA

gdiamante
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM
6 moms liked this

"It's a widespread conservative meme that Obamacare will cover millions of illegal immigrants. But the law won't insure them. And while it provides emergency care to tens of thousands, you've been paying for that since 1986."

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/7422-no-obamacare-does-not-cover-millions-of-illegal-immigrants

Illegal immigrants can only get EMERGENCY care. No other. And you're already paying for that WITHOUT Obamacare. Have been for years.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Even with insurance people will still need care they can't afford. A doctor's office can turn you away. An ER can't.

Quoting LucylucyM:

So stick it to tax paying citizens but if you are here illegally you get a pass. AGAIN.

Makes sense. SMH. 

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM

It isn't just true emergency care though.  The hospitals where I live are full of illegals with non emergent issues.  Our ERs are pretty much useless if you have something that needs attention without being life threatening.  The average wait is 12 hours.

Quoting gdiamante:

"It's a widespread conservative meme that Obamacare will cover millions of illegal immigrants. But the law won't insure them. And while it provides emergency care to tens of thousands, you've been paying for that since 1986."

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/7422-no-obamacare-does-not-cover-millions-of-illegal-immigrants

Illegal immigrants can only get EMERGENCY care. No other. And you're already paying for that WITHOUT Obamacare. Have been for years.

thetrollcat
by iluv2meow on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:55 PM
6 moms liked this

I find it disturbing that illegals have more access, freedom, rights, and are able to avoid the laws without or minimal consquences while the citizens of the USA pay their consquences for them. Its like living with an addict... They never seem to suffer from their consquences, its always everyone around them.

Quoting gdiamante:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM
3 moms liked this

From what I understand, they cannot be turned away from ER services, which many over use because they cannot get any other type of treatment.  This is nothing new nor should we be surprised.

Overall, regardless of who we are, every one should be able to afford health care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN