Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Vaping? Yes? No?

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:57 AM
  • 51 Replies
How many of you gals smoke?
How many of you quit smoking and by what method?
Do you Vape?
Discuss.

I've quit smoking multiple times in the past 12 years...using patches, gums and cold turkey...I could never find anything that worked for more than a month or two. Until 3 years ago, that is. A friend of mine told me about electronic cigarettes. I was like "dafaq?".
At first, it was heavy and I couldn't put it down (the flavor was Malibu mint) but over time, I smoke less cigs and vaped less frequently. In March, will make my 3 year mark of no cigarettes, though I still vape...I like the flavors and it makes for interesting conversation. I also like that there are groups for vapers...groups for cigarette smokers used to be called bars...lol, but these Vape groups get together, talk about the different flavors, e-cig types and mods...it's almost a hobby. I'm really glad I quit smoking.
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FrogSalad
by Sooze on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:46 AM

My husband does.  He hasn't smoked a cigarette in 1.5 years, since the day he started vaping.  No more smoker's hack, either.

It's definitely a hobby for him.  He's recently begun making his own rebuildables (?). . .  whatever they're called. 

ambrosia78
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:53 AM
That's awesome! So happy to hear that. Bet you're glad about not only no more smoker's hack but no more smokey smell either, huh? :D

Quoting FrogSalad:

My husband does.  He hasn't smoked a cigarette in 1.5 years, since the day he started vaping.  No more smoker's hack, either.

It's definitely a hobby for him.  He's recently begun making his own rebuildables (?). . .  whatever they're called. 

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:42 AM

I smoked about a pack a year, a couple of cigarettes at a time, every few weeks to months, when I was in my early 20s.  Had no problem stopping, but that's probably because I never smoked enough to develop a habit.  

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Do they still contain nicotine?

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Been trying to quit trying to step down cold can't use any of the aids out there only smoked two cigarettes yesterday been doing good with just the two scents Sat 2mrow I'll go down to one for a few a day's then none
vic270
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:36 AM

what is vaping

muslimah
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Most people don't realize that the vapor cigarette is not a healthy option because those vapors have heavy metal toxins. Heavy metal toxins unlike other toxins can not be detoxed or eliminated from the bloodstream. Once they are in your body they are in your body for good and the more you add the more they accumulate.

People think because there is no burning, smoke, or tobacco that that makes them "healthy"

Subhan Allah ( سبحان الله )"Glory be to Allah"
 Alhamdulillah ( الحمدللہ )"All Praise to Allah"
 Allahu Akbar ( الله اكبر )"Allah is the Greatest"

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I like the nicorette gum.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM
What is the heavy metal toxin from?

quote name="muslimah" id="0"]

Most people don't realize that the vapor cigarette is not a healthy option because those vapors have heavy metal toxins. Heavy metal toxins unlike other toxins can not be detoxed or eliminated from the bloodstream. Once they are in your body they are in your body for good and the more you add the more they accumulate.

People think because there is no burning, smoke, or tobacco that that makes them "healthy"

[/quote]
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I know several people who do this and have quit.

Me thinks I should look in to it more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN