Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Because the vagina defines a woman's worth

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 46 Replies

http://jezebel.com/100-men-explain-why-they-think-vaginas-are-awesome-and-1447183485

Not sure how to post the video but theres the link.

I get how they thought they were being 'clever' trying to bring awareness to gender discrimination. But seriously? What message are you sending to the world? A woman is awesome because men like her vagina? Women are being gang raped, accused and killed for adultery they didn't commit, thrown off busses, and having their vagina's SEWN CLOSED. I wonder how THOSE women would feel about you telling them their vagina's are 'awesome' and that we'd like to bring awareness to their vagina's. Lets forget the fact that they are people, with hopes and dreams who are worthty of the free and equal rights that men abuse everyday. Or EVEN that they deserve to not be abused, but loved and nurtured.

No your vagina is awesome.

by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Sorry if this is crude, but.....men think with their dicks, so I'm not surprised they want to define women by their vaginas. 

slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:47 PM
11 moms liked this

Wooo, reducing people down to their genitals and what those genitals can do for you! *finger twirl*

That's actually a huge pet peeve of mine about the "Save the boobies!" shit. It's like, hey, how about we save the person with cancer?

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:07 PM
If I woke up tomorrow and my vag was gone...it wouldnt change anything.

terpmama
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Ahhh the part that's missing is the fact that it's part of the vagina monoloagues and specifically their VDAY stuff... It's a very different purpose than just "woohoo vaginas" 

beesbad
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting cjsbmom:

Sorry if this is crude, but.....men think with their dicks, so I'm not surprised they want to define women by their vaginas. 

I think that if we don't want to be labeled and minimized as merely a body part we probably shouldn't do it to others.

According to the article the video was done by the cast of the Vagina Monologues - all women. They approached the men, it wasn't as if some frat boys decided to make the video. To me it seemed pretty obvious that the men didn't know what question they would be asked so why slam them for something that was instigated by women?

In Vino Veritas

angelenia
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Bump
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Quoting beesbad:

Quoting cjsbmom:

I think that if we don't want to be labeled and minimized as merely a body part we probably shouldn't do it to others.

According to the article the video was done by the cast of the Vagina Monologues - all women. They approached the men, it wasn't as if some frat boys decided to make the video. To me it seemed pretty obvious that the men didn't know what question they would be asked so why slam them for something that was instigated by women?

I'm not really a fan of the Vagina Monologues. I don't care whether it's a man or a woman. When we're putting that much emphasis on a body part in defining an entire human being, then it's wrong. 

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Quoting slashteddy:

Wooo, reducing people down to their genitals and what those genitals can do for you! *finger twirl*

That's actually a huge pet peeve of mine about the "Save the boobies!" shit. It's like, hey, how about we save the person with cancer?

I agree with the "save the boobies" thing. This year, it was the go braless day for breast cancer. I was like "really? Which perverted man thought that up as a way to encourage finding the cure?" 

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I'd probably be happier without mine. 

Quoting UpSheRises:

If I woke up tomorrow and my vag was gone...it wouldnt change anything.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:36 AM
7 moms liked this

Does this include the idea of respecting a woman's entire body so much that she also gets the right to make all of her own medical decisions too? Because until women are respected enough to do what is right for them personally, they will only be worth the purity of their vaginas. And they will never be 'equal' to men until they do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)