Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you think that its a compliment?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 82 Replies

Or is it an insult to be considered a bitch, or is it all in the context?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aandt1999
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm sure there are plenty who will say they consider it a compliment, but I do not. I don't want to be known as one. 

AlekD
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM

insult 

ZombieChicken
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes it's a compliment. Mostly I think it's a world simply used to make others feel better about themselves.
Connie04
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Some people might consider it a compliment, but I wouldn't.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM
4 moms liked this

Context is everything.

I've been called a bitch by friends and it does not offend me or otherwise.  Then again, I've been called a bitch by some one who does not care for me.  Does not offend me then either.

I guess, overall, it just doesn't mean that much to me to get all upset about it, for any reason.

I am sure there are times I am being a bitch.  Other times, some one may think I am and hey, that's their deal.  

Either way, I have never thought of it as being a compliment.

viv212
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM
The word is used so loosely now it's not even derogatory anymore.
smurfbitebug
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:15 PM
All depends on the situation. My DH thinking I am a bitch or calling me a bitch (has never happened).. kind of devestating. Someone who just met me callling me a bitch.. insulting. Someone I'm friends with.. just conversation lol someone like my DH's ex... Just means she isn't getting her way and I happen to be a favorite target.

It has completely different meaning depending on how it is said and who is saying it.
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM
It's in the context.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stormcris
by Christy on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Depends on who says it and if I have previously given them permission to call me a bitch.

Oh had to come back and say if I force the word from my BIL it means I won the argument and he is always arguing me with me. Then he gets in trouble with his brother because he said it. I am the only one who gets away with calling my best friends that and I completely mean it as a compliment. Just like you can't go up and call someone weird you don't know as it would be offensive this word works much the same way. I can call my friends weirdo and the know I think being weird is a good thing. It used to mean your destined. Why is bitch good when we say it? Because when we say it we mean the entirety of the Meredith Brooks song.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM
I don't think you're a bitch ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)