Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you think that its a compliment?

Or is it an insult to be considered a bitch, or is it all in the context?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Quoting Momniscient:

I don't think you're a bitch ;)

LOL  Now I dont know whether to grin or cry  :)

Thank you :)

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Mommy4000
by Ray of sunshine on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it depends on the situation. Like when I stand up for something important, and my husband says, "I'm proud of you honey, you were a real bitch." Now if he just out and calls me that for no reason, then I'd be upset. In situations where I don't know the other person, I don't take it as a compliment or an insult, but rather that their mind couldn't come up with anything more clever to call me, and that just makes me sad for them.

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I do not use language like that, so no, it is not complimentary.  No one does, when it counts (like try that on a police officer who has pulled you over, or a judge). 

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Quoting TranquilMind:

I do not use language like that, so no, it is not complimentary.  No one does, when it counts (like try that on a police officer who has pulled you over, or a judge). 

ya I dontthink I could come up with context where it would be appropriate  in the case of an officer or a judge, unless we were at the bar together that is.

squeekers
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

not only an insult but down right derogatory

D-Town
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I have found that when most people call me a bitch it's because I just won't bend over and do what they say. (No questions asked) If having my own mind and my own thoughts makes me a bitch, then I don't consider it an insult at all.

punky3175
by Punky on Oct. 25, 2013 at 5:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly this. :-)

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Context is everything.

I've been called a bitch by friends and it does not offend me or otherwise.  Then again, I've been called a bitch by some one who does not care for me.  Does not offend me then either.

I guess, overall, it just doesn't mean that much to me to get all upset about it, for any reason.

I am sure there are times I am being a bitch.  Other times, some one may think I am and hey, that's their deal.  

Either way, I have never thought of it as being a compliment.

susannah2000
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:37 AM

Being called a bitch is NOT a compliment!

meriana
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:40 AM
If standing up for myself, what I believe, attempting to correct a wrong or standing up for my children makes me a bitch in someone else's eyes, I'm happy to be one. A long time ago someone called me a bitch and I agreed. I told them "yep and I'm darn good at it...you wouldn't believe how hard it is to be a good bitch". Pretty much left them with their mouth hanging open. I do have a ball cap with the words "Super Bitch" embroidered on it
billsfan1104
by Jules on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM
I think that it is all about context.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)