Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you think that its a compliment?

Or is it an insult to be considered a bitch, or is it all in the context?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
lga1965
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:18 AM

I don't think it is a compliment and I don't like the word. But that's because I am an older white woman. LOL.

ambrosia78
by New Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:24 AM
It really depends on context and my mood. Most people know me IRL, know I'll just laugh and tell them...If you're gonna call me a bitch at least smack my ass and pull my hair...afterwards, call me a pretty pretty princess and buy me ice cream...lol
However, if a stranger were to do it...I call them something equally offesive...usually my own version of the "T" or "C" word.
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Its supposed to imply strength..whether in a good or bad context is up to both parties having the conversation! LOL

Mommabearbergh
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:34 AM
I don't think of it as a compliment. I think of it as a insult. My mother didn't name me bitch or bad bitch. She named me amanda and that is what I liked to be called
lga1965
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:38 AM

yah, "bitch" is a bad word in my area, in my family, in my age group, and nobody thinks there is anythng good about it. Yukkkk.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Context. But I generally don't give two figs what other people think of me, so it wouldn't bother me even if someone did mean it as an insult. 

rfurlongg
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Context is everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:51 AM
4 moms liked this
Not a compliment. But sometimes it's a sign you've annoyed someone who deserves to be.
SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

This

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Context is everything.

I've been called a bitch by friends and it does not offend me or otherwise.  Then again, I've been called a bitch by some one who does not care for me.  Does not offend me then either.

I guess, overall, it just doesn't mean that much to me to get all upset about it, for any reason.

I am sure there are times I am being a bitch.  Other times, some one may think I am and hey, that's their deal.  

Either way, I have never thought of it as being a compliment.

I'm a Potter Girl, In A Potter World. 

We Have Fanfic, It's Fantastic.

Boy's with Ginger Hair, Muggles Everywhere.

Transfigurations, Life is Your Creation!

Come on Dobby, Let's Go Party (Ah Ah Ah Ah),

Come on Dobby, Let's Go Party (Ooh Whoa Ooh, Whoa Ooh). 

muslimah
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I guess it would depend on how the word bitch is used. I have been called a bitch as well as a stuck up bitch, I suppose it wasn' it wasn't meant as a compliment but it never offended me because I really don't care what I am called by others and don't offend easily.

Me and friends have also used it joking with one another and of course that doesn't offend me or them either.

If I was ever called a bitch by a husband or boyfriend which I never have that would pretty much be a deal breaker in the relationship. I don't think no amount of apologies could ever fix that. I have heard of other husbands and boyfriends calling their woman mate a bitch and they stick around and let it go and I can't for the life of me understand why.

Subhan Allah ( سبحان الله )"Glory be to Allah"
 Alhamdulillah ( الحمدللہ )"All Praise to Allah"
 Allahu Akbar ( الله اكبر )"Allah is the Greatest"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN