Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you think that its a compliment?

Or is it an insult to be considered a bitch, or is it all in the context?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Replies (41-50):
katy_kay08
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM

When someone I don't respect calls me one I view it as a compliment.  It comes down to the who not so much the what.  

Ziva65
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I think it is meant to be an insult. But it doesn't bother me... I don't care what people say or think, as long as I know I've done the right thing. I'm sure I am one :)

I don't take it personally though- I hear it a lot. My job is in a man's world. I'm firm, kind, assertive  and bold- I get what I want and run a successful company. That garnishes the word "bitch". If it were a man, that's just the way it is. Why is it that? I think we have a sexist world, and I'm not even a feminist. I'm 48, it's been that way in any organization I've ever been part of... We are currently redoing the carpet in a large commercial building- it's with a nationwide company. the company really did a bad job putting it in, so I've refused to let the bill be paid until it's fixed- that garnered the "bitch" mentality.

Even for my kids water polo team- our coach had my 16 year old son (provisional licensed driver) drive other kids on the team- fully knowing it was against the law and against our directive... yup, I took that on too... of course, I'm the bitch again. I was nice too- but taking on men, athletic coaches, whatever I think they are just different creatures and if you're too timid they don't act on it and just shine you on.

Now, I do occasional contract work as an FNP. No issue there, do your job, leave, see another person, generally no need to be bold and firm, people are responsible for themselves- we diagnose and treat- it's on them from there- you'd think I was a completely different person :)

Ziva65
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't understnd how people can think it's a compliment - do they know the meaning of the word?

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Depends on who is saying it to me.

onethentwins
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I hate the word bitch. I know some people use it in just, but I hate it. Honestly I'd rather be called a cunt or a twat than a bitch. 

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Insult.

coala
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I think it is all in context.

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM
2 moms liked this

It really depends.  But I love this bumper sticker!

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:21 PM

It is all in the context. But it does not bother me either way

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I don't consider it a compliment.  I don't like being called a bitch in any context.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)