Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Christians refuse to tip waiter because he's gay, even after what they called excellent service

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 186 Replies

A group of customers refused to tip their 20-year-old server at a Carraba's Italian restaurant in Overland Park, KS on the grounds that his homosexuality is "an affront to God." According to KCTV Fox 19, the server went to the table after the group of customers left and found a note explaining their decision.

"Thank you for your service, it was excellent. That being said, we cannot in good conscience tip you, for your homosexual lifestyle is an affront to GOD. Queers do not share in the wealth of GOD, and you will not share in ours," said the note. "We hope you will see the tip your queer choices made you lose out on, and plan accordingly. It is never too late for GOD's love, but none shall be spared for queers. May GOD have mercy on you."

Friends and supportive customers plan to dine at the restaurant Friday evening as a show of support for the waiter who received the hateful note. He has declined to give his name or go on camera and has asked people not to try and give him money.

He said in a statement, "The offers to help pay me back are much appreciated, but not at all needed. I'd prefer to let my work ethic and my service do the talking, nothing else."

Watch video about this story, embedded below via Fox 19:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/25/christians-refuse-to-tip-waiter-because-homosexual-lifestyle-is-an-affront-to-god/#13827105786941&req=rpuSetSize&h=227&w=226

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beesbad
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM
9 moms liked this

Sigh. What incredible ignorance and hatred disguised as piety. It seems to me that their behavior is an affront to God.

glorytojehovah
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM
11 moms liked this

Too mean and judgemental and not at all loving. These people give loving Christians a bad name. And actually they are worse sinners than the gay guy since they are being hateful, judgemental, and they robbed him since they do agree he gave great service.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM
6 moms liked this

Assholes. It amazes me that these type of judgemental fools actually think they are going to heaven. I say good luck with that.

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Ugh.
jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM
7 moms liked this
You know, I'm impressed with him that he declined to go on camera. That being said, those customers were assholes of the highest order.
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM
5 moms liked this
They could have asked for another waiter as soon as they realized he was gay, but they chose not to... That tells me they are all too fond of being assholes. They went out of their way to be assholes. I just can't understand that type of behavior... They could have easily still spewed their bullshit and gave him a fair tip for his work, so their beliefs or idea that they should live their teachings or whatever cannot be used as a cop out to why they did that.
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:33 AM
3 moms liked this

They had no problem accepting his "excellent" services and using them for their own wants.....and than slap him in the end,,,,That is what made them feel great about their actions...that's why they didn't ask for a different waiter, this gave them their I am superior to you ego.

The worst kind of people - entitlement 

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

They could have asked for another waiter as soon as they realized he was gay, but they chose not to... That tells me they are all too fond of being assholes. They went out of their way to be assholes. I just can't understand that type of behavior... They could have easily still spewed their bullshit and gave him a fair tip for his work, so their beliefs or idea that they should live their teachings or whatever cannot be used as a cop out to why they did that.

bamamommy2009
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:35 AM
3 moms liked this

I am Christian and I have homosexual friends and even a uncle who is, the choices that they make ares theirs to make, just as mine are mine to make. I love them, their life style is not one for myself personally. i have always thought that it is said not to judge or you will be judged and i know that i have a lot to be judged for so i dont need to go and tell them how to do their life, thats not my job.but that we are to love our neighbors even when they do wrong bc God is about love not hatred.

lga1965
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM
3 moms liked this
Exactly. They are despicable.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

They had no problem accepting his "excellent" services and using them for their own wants.....and than slap him in the end,,,,That is what made them feel great about their actions...that's why they didn't ask for a different waiter, this gave them their I am superior to you ego.

The worst kind of people - entitlement 

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Exactly. It was all about teaching him a lesson, in their opinion. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)