Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Florida man claims arrest for beating pregnant girlfriend is Obama’s fault

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 14 Replies

Florida man claims arrest for beating pregnant girlfriend is Obama’s fault

Friday, October 25, 2013 12:09 EDT
["Angry Young Model" on Shutterstock]

An intoxicated Florida man suspected of beating his pregnant girlfriend insisted that he was being unfairly arrested because “Obama said cops always listen to women.”

According to the sheriff’s report, John Shiffner, 18, was observed “intentionally striking” his pregnant girlfriend, 30-year-old Lakesha Tolbert, in public. When police attempted to confront him, he “paced back and forth cursing out loud [sic] stating ‘I don’t give a f**k.’”

Tolbert told police she “would assist [Shiffner] in getting home,” but after the couple walked around the corner, the officer “could hear a loud argument and a female running around the corner request[ed] us to come and assist them.”

As the officer turned the corner, he “observed Shiffner yelling at Tolbert and cursing out loud [sic] again stating, ‘I don’t give a f**k.’” At that point, the officer placed Shiffner in handcuffs and loaded him into the back of the patrol car.

When the officer attempted to question him, Shiffner “stated that he did not touch [Tolbert] and then began rambling on about how Obama is right. [He] stated ‘Obama said cops always listen to women.’”

Shiffner also “denied drinking any alcohol tonight and then refused to state where he had obtained it.”

He was charged with felony aggravated battery and misdemeanor disorderly intoxication and is awaiting a November 8 court date.

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Florida is just going batshit insane.
candlegal
by Judy on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Nah, we all know it is Bush's fault.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course it's Obama's fault

Obama made me agree to have 12 squealing girls sleep over my house on Saturday night for my daughters birthday....I wanted to take them to Dave & Busters....but no...Obama made me say yes when DD asked

Damn him!

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Dear lord.

What is wrong with Florida?

sfigu16
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Am i the only who noticed that he is 18 and she is 30!? am i reading it wrong!

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure some moms here will agree!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vic270
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM

cant beleiveanything could be wrong with florida i am from tennessee but vacation down there every year. i love the beautiful sunshine state. i also feel as i need to defend it  ,it is like my second home, it is good and bad people in every state.

Quoting Momniscient:

Dear lord.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Sure.

Some states just seem to get in the news more. Zimmerman, zombies, screaming that Obama tells cops to listen to women instead of men...

Florida seems to have an overabundance of whack jobs that get media attention...

Quoting vic270:

cant beleiveanything could be wrong with florida i am from tennessee but vacation down there every year. i love the beautiful sunshine state. i also feel as i need to defend it  ,it is like my second home, it is good and bad people in every state.

Quoting Momniscient:

Dear lord.

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Idiot....

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Yep its ALL Obamas fault.

smh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)