Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Blackfish

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 27 Replies

Anyone else watch or watching? I'm about an hour into it and it's so heartbreaking. Everytime I see a documentary like this, I hate people more lol. 

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StarburstKisses
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Haven't hear about it. What's it about?

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:07 PM
No. I couldn't take that.
SyllabaryBisque
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Haven't heard of it?
Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Orca whales and Seaworld..I officially hate Seaworld and will probably never go back. Not because of the trainers, but because of the people who run it. Orcas are scientifically proven to have the same life span, family dynamics, intellegence, and emotions as we do. They constantly separate families (all of which I didn't know and never really thought about), and they showed a clip of a mother after her 4 year old baby was taken away to another park. She was crying, wouldn't preform, the other females would actually go over to the corner she was in for days to check on her....it's so heartbreaking. This is a regular thing at parks like this. It's the same thing as if your or my child was taken away from us. It pretty much explains why there are so many human fatalities when they're in captivity, but zero human fatalities in the wild. It's just very eye opening. I'd heard about it before but didn't bother to watch it until now.

Quoting StarburstKisses:

Haven't hear about it. What's it about?

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Orca whales and Seaworld..I officially hate Seaworld and will probably never go back. Not because of the trainers, but because of the people who run it. Orcas are scientifically proven to have the same life span, family dynamics, intellegence, and emotions as we do. They constantly separate families (all of which I didn't know and never really thought about), and they showed a clip of a mother after her 4 year old baby was taken away to another park. She was crying, wouldn't preform, the other females would actually go over to the corner she was in for days to check on her....it's so heartbreaking. This is a regular thing at parks like this. It's the same thing as if your or my child was taken away from us. It pretty much explains why there are so many human fatalities when they're in captivity, but zero human fatalities in the wild. It's just very eye opening. I'd heard about it before but didn't bother to watch it until now.

The orca that killed the female trainer a year or 2 ago was known to be basically tortured by the females he was pinned with because every morning the trainers would see "rake marks" all over him, bleeding, and they constantly left him in there with those females every night.

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

Haven't heard of it?

Chillisarah
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I saw it featured on Bill Maher Real Time show and I want to watch it very soon.

SyllabaryBisque
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Oh no, how awful!!! :(

Quoting Dee0886:

The orca that killed the female trainer a year or 2 ago was known to be basically tortured by the females he was pinned with because every morning the trainers would see "rake marks" all over him, bleeding, and they constantly left him in there with those females every night.

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

Haven't heard of it?

msfila1980
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Is it available on Netflix? I've wanted to watch since I first heard about it
katy_kay08
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:33 PM

No I won't watch it.  I don't need to see it to solidify my opinion that these aquariums are inhumane and that these beauty animals do not belong in them.  

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I don't think so. It's been on CNN a few times I think. I think it's suppose to air again tomorrow night so if you can check the schedule.

Quoting msfila1980:

Is it available on Netflix? I've wanted to watch since I first heard about it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)