Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Entrepreneur Opens Anger Room In Texas:Promoting Violence Or Stress Relief?

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:53 AM
  • 62 Replies
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Roma on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:12 AM
2 moms liked this

I think it's promoting violent stress relief.

The question is.....why do we as a society need violent stress relief?  When did that happen?

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I think it's always happened! Men and boys were always told to 'take it outside' where they would pummel each other with their fists, get it out of their system and then get over it and move on to being best buddies again.

I think we as a society has evolved (for better/for worse?) into a mindset that anger is a bad thing, and must be repressed. We are shocked when people lose their cool and self-control. This seems like a pretty decent outlet for those who just need to let it out...to be able to move on.

Quoting romalove:

The question is.....why do we as a society need violent stress relief?  When did that happen?

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

momtoscott
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I would prefer a nap room, which I understand is a trend in New York City.  

candlegal
by Judy on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for her, I hope she does well.  I think this will be good for stress relief.

candlegal
by Judy on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Probably in the days of the cavemen.

Quoting romalove:

romalove
by Roma on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Quoting Woodbabe:

I think it's always happened! Men and boys were always told to 'take it outside' where they would pummel each other with their fists, get it out of their system and then get over it and move on to being best buddies again.

I think we as a society has evolved (for better/for worse?) into a mindset that anger is a bad thing, and must be repressed. We are shocked when people lose their cool and self-control. This seems like a pretty decent outlet for those who just need to let it out...to be able to move on.

Quoting romalove:

I think it's more prevalent now.

I am thinking of the kids who are cutting, and say it relieves stress.

That was not going on thirty years ago.

idunno1234
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Anger is destructive....without anger we wouldn't have wars, abuse, rape......I do think it is a bad thing. 

I tend to think that people need to learn better coping mechanisms, especially considering we have amazing language skills and absolutely have the ability NOT to use violence to get a point across.  We still glorify violence which is, whether verbal or physical,  way too often the end result of anger.

This results in a woman opening up a place to make money where presumably people can pay to safely behave badly.

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting romalove:

colins_mom
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I am the type of person who as an automatic response when I get pissed breaks shit.

my phone currently has a cracked screen because I threw it

I think.this is a good idea.
colins_mom
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
we would still have wars, murder, rape,.and abuse. a lot of those have nothing to do with anger and everything to do with greed, control, and Power.

Quoting idunno1234:

Anger is destructive....without anger we wouldn't have wars, abuse, rape......I do think it is a bad thing. 

I tend to think that people need to learn better coping mechanisms, especially considering we have amazing language skills and absolutely have the ability NOT to use violence to get a point across.  We still glorify violence which is, whether verbal or physical,  way too often the end result of anger.

This results in a woman opening up a place to make money where presumably people can pay to safely behave badly.

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting romalove:

idunno1234
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Yes....you are right about the greed, control and power but hate and anger are often necessary catalysts.

Quoting colins_mom:

we would still have wars, murder, rape,.and abuse. a lot of those have nothing to do with anger and everything to do with greed, control, and Power.

Quoting idunno1234:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting romalove:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured