Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What do you think of this? Ithink I am going to order one.

http://www.glamguns.com/hk47.jpg

Minnow Slayer

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Replies (131-136):
momtimesx4
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Why do you keep posting like I don't know this? I know what an AK-47 is. But when you convert the thing to semi auto, its going to do the same thing as a converted AR. It still only pumps three shots at a time, unless you throw a bump fire on it. So you are advocating getting one just for show? What's the point in that? That's as bad as what some of these gun shy posters are talking about. You want it flashy but you don't want the real deal, which means its just a toy.....

Wait, what???

Rifles as an AR are already semi-auto.  Those marked as a true M16/M4 variant have the 3 round burst capability or full auto capability.

Rifles based on the AK platform, are semi-auto unless you happen to be a Somali pirate and I guess cruising off the coast of Africa or one of the Great Lakes in Michigan would be the same thing to a Somali pirate.

Yar!!! Show me your war face!!!!!!!!!!! 

Lizard_Lina
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:15 AM
I didn't mean converted AR. I was typing fast and said that because I just said converted AK and wasn't paying attention.

Quoting momtimesx4:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Why do you keep posting like I don't know this? I know what an AK-47 is. But when you convert the thing to semi auto, its going to do the same thing as a converted AR. It still only pumps three shots at a time, unless you throw a bump fire on it. So you are advocating getting one just for show? What's the point in that? That's as bad as what some of these gun shy posters are talking about. You want it flashy but you don't want the real deal, which means its just a toy.....

Wait, what???

Rifles as an AR are already semi-auto.  Those marked as a true M16/M4 variant have the 3 round burst capability or full auto capability.

Rifles based on the AK platform, are semi-auto unless you happen to be a Somali pirate and I guess cruising off the coast of Africa or one of the Great Lakes in Michigan would be the same thing to a Somali pirate.

Yar!!! Show me your war face!!!!!!!!!!! 

Lizard_Lina
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:19 AM
No what I said makes sense. If you are going to get an AK get an AK. If you get an AK that works the same as an AR, then you're only buying it to go "look I got an AK" at which point its just to be flashy which is what some of the anti gun people are saying. You can't say "its not supposed to be a toy" when you're buying it to be a toy. Now if she would have come back and said "I'd want it for the efficiency, or because I know it won't jam on me" or something along those lines, fine, but to say its not a toy, but I only want it to say I have an AK, you aren't really counter acting the point anti gun commentors are making.

Quoting Della529:

Throughout this entire exchange.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Really? Where?

Quoting Carpy:

You already have shown you don't quite know what you are talking about.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting Carpy:

A 7.62x39 is much more potent than a 5.56. An "all out" is worth about 15-20 thousand. 

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Oh, well I am not ignorant.

And honestly if I was going to spend the money to get a custom AK, I wouldn't get it with the same firing power as an AR. If you're going to drop that kind of cash you might as well go all out.

Quoting Carpy:

There are millions of them that have been converted.  You left that out in your post, making you sound ignorant. 

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Unless its been converted to a semi automatic, it is a "machine gun" and you don't just walk up to your local proprietor and pick one up.

Quoting Carpy:

How so?

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Considering that its an AK-47 and you would need a special clearance to aquire it.....

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

It is illegal to market cigarettes to children using cartoon characters and such

But totally legal for this?

Smdh

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:20 AM

Your first claim of needing a special clearance to own it.  Having the "same firing power" as an AR.  Your claim that it only pumps three shots at a time.  And you do not need a device to bumpfire.  And full auto is a waste of ammo and hinders aim.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Really? Where?

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting Carpy:

A 7.62x39 is much more potent than a 5.56. An "all out" is worth about 15-20 thousand. 

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

And honestly if I was going to spend the money to get a custom AK, I wouldn't get it with the same firing power as an AR. If you're going to drop that kind of cash you might as well go all out.

Quoting Carpy:

There are millions of them that have been converted.  You left that out in your post, making you sound ignorant. 

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Unless its been converted to a semi automatic, it is a "machine gun" and you don't just walk up to your local proprietor and pick one up.

Quoting Carpy:

How so?

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Considering that its an AK-47 and you would need a special clearance to aquire it.....

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

It is illegal to market cigarettes to children using cartoon characters and such

Smdh

Minnow Slayer

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:21 AM

Thank you.

Quoting Della529:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Really? Where?

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting Carpy:

How so?

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Smdh

Minnow Slayer

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:29 AM

I can already say I have an Ak.  In fact I can already say I have two.  One was aquired in 1986 and is a genuine Russian, even though I have the pin pulled, because of the kids shooting them.  What I can't say is that I have a pink AK when I target shoot with the guys who I usually outshoot. 

And on that note, I will still say you don't know much.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

No what I said makes sense. If you are going to get an AK get an AK. If you get an AK that works the same as an AR, then you're only buying it to go "look I got an AK" at which point its just to be flashy which is what some of the anti gun people are saying. You can't say "its not supposed to be a toy" when you're buying it to be a toy. Now if she would have come back and said "I'd want it for the efficiency, or because I know it won't jam on me" or something along those lines, fine, but to say its not a toy, but I only want it to say I have an AK, you aren't really counter acting the point anti gun commentors are making.

Quoting Della529:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Really? Where?

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting Carpy:

How so?

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Smdh

Minnow Slayer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN