Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What do you think of this? Ithink I am going to order one.

http://www.glamguns.com/hk47.jpg

Minnow Slayer

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I am not one to carry a pink handgun, either.

Quoting KaleaLani:

My husband offered to get me a pink handgun once while I was debating what to get for myself. I had to laugh in his face at the thought. I want something that strikes fear in a person that tries to hurt me, not make them question why my gun doesnt match my shoes. ;-)

Minnow Slayer

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Gun culture is so bizarre. 

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM
2 moms liked this
I think you can still teach a child to respect guns AND give them a gun that interests them. My daughter would probably like a gun with sparkles and gems. This does not mean she will be able to run around the house or yard with it. But she will know it is her and my guess is, she will not have to share with her brothers. They would not want to touch it. And of course she will learn all that is required for having and shooting a gun. My kids learn how to clean the guns when we come home from the range. She is 8 yrs old.

Quoting Woodbabe:

You know I'm very pro-gun, but there's something about making it more appealing to a child to want to touch/pick up that bothers me. But that's just me.

Quoting Carpy:

I don't give them to kids to go out and play with.

Quoting Woodbabe:

I honestly do not like guns that resemble toys! 

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM
This! ! I think they are dangerous, moreso than regular weapons.

Quoting Woodbabe:

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Well, my husband is laughing..  :3

smalltownmom03
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I don't either. I also don't like toy guns that look real.

Quoting Woodbabe:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Why? I mean why make a gun more attractive to a child, and why make a deadly weapon look like a toy? There's a whole mindset there I truly don't understand.

I also don't buy the 'out of sight, out of mind' line either. My kids always had more of an attention span than that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambrossious2000
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:47 PM

lol I know that. Thats why I said it. lol

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Why not make it interesting to the kids? My kids love to go to the range with us to shoot. We have guns that are their size to make it comfortable for them. My kids do not think their youth size guns are toys. They still respect them.

Personally, we do not believe in hiding our guns. Our kids know what guns we own and where they are. Keeping them a secret is dangerous.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Why? I mean why make a gun more attractive to a child, and why make a deadly weapon look like a toy? There's a whole mindset there I truly don't understand.

I also don't buy the 'out of sight, out of mind' line either. My kids always had more of an attention span than that.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM

If my young child was bored or disinterested, I'd find something that stimulated and interested her/im- Quoting Godgaveme4:

Why not make it interesting to the kids? My kids love to go to the range with us to shoot. We have guns that are their size to make it comfortable for them. My kids do not think their youth size guns are toys. They still respect them.

Personally, we do not believe in hiding our guns. Our kids know what guns we own and where they are. Keeping them a secret is dangerous.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN