Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think of this? Ithink I am going to order one.

http://www.glamguns.com/hk47.jpg

Minnow Slayer

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Replies (41-50):
Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Guns are guns. In our house, gun rules are enforced with both real guns and toy guns. We have found toy guns to be great teaching tools.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

I disagree. There are guns and there are toy guns. Most kids are allowed to play with toy guns. Mine have nerf guns that are pretty and brightly colored. That gun looks like a toy. If someone left it loaded it would be very easy for a child to mistake it for a toy.

Regarding knives, most kids don't play with fake knives or drive cars so that's a moot issue.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Are knives with beautiful handles also more dangerous?

How about cars with special gadgets and prettier colors?

It does not matter how they are decorated, they are still a tool. The decorations do not make them more dangerous.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

This! ! I think they are dangerous, moreso than regular weapons.

Quoting Woodbabe:

I honestly do not like guns that resemble toys! 

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM
If my kids were only interested because their gun looked like a toy, I'd reevaluate their interest in shooting. Something being youth sized is far different than something being made to look appealing to a child. That is a real gun, but it looks like a toy. Do you not see the problem with making serious weapons - something that can kill, look like a toy?

We don't own guns, but my kids know what guns are. They've seen my dad's guns, they know where Gramps' guns are kept and that they are not to touch them if they see them out. Keeping them secret may be dangerous, but so is making them look like a toy.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Why not make it interesting to the kids? My kids love to go to the range with us to shoot. We have guns that are their size to make it comfortable for them. My kids do not think their youth size guns are toys. They still respect them.

Personally, we do not believe in hiding our guns. Our kids know what guns we own and where they are. Keeping them a secret is dangerous.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Why? I mean why make a gun more attractive to a child, and why make a deadly weapon look like a toy? There's a whole mindset there I truly don't understand.

I also don't buy the 'out of sight, out of mind' line either. My kids always had more of an attention span than that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Or Japanese?

Quoting turtle68:

How.....American.

.Bubbles.
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I like the pink, but don't care for the Hello Kitty custom.
Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:12 PM

This

Quoting DSamuels:

I like pink, not a fan of Hello Kitty

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:16 PM
We have rifles. They are all used. And our children at different times have shot all of them. IMO, using the gun lets the kids know it is not a toy.

You should be a proud mama knowing that your kiddos have learned the lessons you have taught.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Exactly. We have rifles. Traditional black rifles. Were also have nerf guns the kids play with. We have internally left our weapons out(unloaded) just to see what our children would do. They both on separate occasions informed us that they were left out and not in the safe. This gun in the pic looks like a toy.

Quoting Sisteract:

I think that "cutesy" crap should not be on weapons- especially those that children might be exposed to-

Children are not minature adults- many kids could lose focus on the importance of the device and focus on the cute- that's just how those small minds work-

teri4lance
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I don't do pink or "girl" guns. I dont have a problem with women who do - but personally I prefer to play on an evenn keel. and part of itis maybe because one too many patronizing old men at thegun counter asked me if I wnated to see the pink one. 

justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Same at my house. Guns are not toys even if they're actual toys.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Guns are guns. In our house, gun rules are enforced with both real guns and toy guns. We have found toy guns to be great teaching tools.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

I disagree. There are guns and there are toy guns. Most kids are allowed to play with toy guns. Mine have nerf guns that are pretty and brightly colored. That gun looks like a toy. If someone left it loaded it would be very easy for a child to mistake it for a toy.

Regarding knives, most kids don't play with fake knives or drive cars so that's a moot issue.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Are knives with beautiful handles also more dangerous?

How about cars with special gadgets and prettier colors?

It does not matter how they are decorated, they are still a tool. The decorations do not make them more dangerous.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

This! ! I think they are dangerous, moreso than regular weapons.

Quoting Woodbabe:

I honestly do not like guns that resemble toys! 

teri4lance
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I like the rifles with these types of stocks. this is just na example to give you  an idea - it didn't even look at what rifles they were selling. just the first example of the stock design i like. http://rifle-stocks.com/laminated_woods.htm

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:26 PM
We often buy things for our children that are customized for them. It does not take away from seriousness of the item.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

If my kids were only interested because their gun looked like a toy, I'd reevaluate their interest in shooting. Something being youth sized is far different than something being made to look appealing to a child. That is a real gun, but it looks like a toy. Do you not see the problem with making serious weapons - something that can kill, look like a toy?

We don't own guns, but my kids know what guns are. They've seen my dad's guns, they know where Gramps' guns are kept and that they are not to touch them if they see them out. Keeping them secret may be dangerous, but so is making them look like a toy.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Why not make it interesting to the kids? My kids love to go to the range with us to shoot. We have guns that are their size to make it comfortable for them. My kids do not think their youth size guns are toys. They still respect them.

Personally, we do not believe in hiding our guns. Our kids know what guns we own and where they are. Keeping them a secret is dangerous.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Why? I mean why make a gun more attractive to a child, and why make a deadly weapon look like a toy? There's a whole mindset there I truly don't understand.

I also don't buy the 'out of sight, out of mind' line either. My kids always had more of an attention span than that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured